The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

New Bank Account Problem For Residence Permit

Issue because of new bank account...Please help...

visa_for_sweden
post 28.Nov.2017, 11:10 AM
Post #1

HI everyone...I recently got my admission letter from a university in Sweden.I am from India. Now,to apply for residence permit, I dont have a bank account. All the required funds needed have been arranged and are in my father's account. Yesterday, I got to know that, the swedish misgration agency doesnt allow sponsors to fund student. Now, I am ready to open a new bank account on my name and show my bank statement with all the funds required. However, I've been told that my visa is most probably going to be rejected since my bank account is new. This is my last chance to go to sweden for masters. Please help me people. I am desperate sad.gif

[ I don't know if its going to be of any help...but...I had a bank account which I opened in 2011 and I stopped using it in 2016...and since i Dint use it for an year...it has been permanently closed 6months ago...And now am left with no bank account. ]
Go to the top of the page
+
wallace1837
post 28.Nov.2017, 11:27 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (visa_for_sweden @ 28.Nov.2017, 11:10 AM) *
HI everyone...I recently got my admission letter from a university in Sweden.I am from India. Now,to apply for residence permit, I dont have a bank account. All the required f ... (show full quote)

This will save you a lot of problems. I can suggest Germany instead.
+
Tenacious185
post 28.Nov.2017, 11:41 AM
Post #3

Your new bank account should not be a problem. If you have a valid bank account and can provide documentation of such, the age of it is irrelevant. Open your new account, deposit your funds in it, and have the bank print you a document (statement) once you have done that - showing the account is in your name and that the money is in your own account. Once you have that, scan it and include it in the papers MV asks you to send. It should not be a problem. I had recently switched banks and my account was new when I got my student permit also. It wasn't an issue. Many people start new student accounts when they are going abroad to study.
+
visa_for_sweden
post 28.Nov.2017, 02:03 PM
Post #4

Thank you so much mate.
I just have a small doubt...Do you think it'll be the same with Indian students? Because that's what I've been told- Indian students with new bank account might have to face issues :/
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: