The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Paying to take SFI D test

without having to go through classes

pebbletots
post 30.Jan.2018, 06:09 PM
Post #1

I've been studying SFI since May, 2017. I was all set to take the D level test in February, 2018. I then decided to go see my family in my homeland for a week and my less than ideal teacher decided to drop me from the intensive course I've been in to the individual track.

The reason for being dropped was due to "poor attendance". I've been going regularly only missing an odd day or two for doctors and dentist appointment and always told them. Many students in my class have been missing for weeks/months and not doing the work or weekly tests and are still in the course and doing the national test. One girl even got permission to work her full time job and not attend for 3.5 months and still do the test. Anyways...

I was told before being moved by my teacher that she would assure that I would take the test in February with my fellow classmates from intensive. Today she went back on that and I was told I wouldn't be able to due to my poor attendance (again...it was one week!).

I talked to my new teacher who said that she would decide when I was ready to take the test and it would be 3+ months. The new class is awful, slow, and filled with unmotivated students who just talk loudly over the teacher. I've been learning much more advanced things and this class is much farther behind.

So long story short: I've decided I would much rather self study for a month or two then deal with this BS daily. I'm in Gothenburg if it helps, but where can I just pay to take the test on my own? I want to do it as I would like to do SAS/SVA if I ever need to study more in the future. Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page
+
Mib
post 31.Jan.2018, 12:17 PM
Post #2

You can do the SFI course online in Sweden. The company is called Hermods, based in Stockholm. Then you can do it when you want, but of course there are deadlines ie. hand in your homework after each module. Can be 2 to 4 weeks for each module.

See if that is an option.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: