The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Swedish TV to take on Stephen Fry's QI

The Local
post 7.Mar.2012, 03:05 PM
Post #1

Sweden is set to adapt the hugely popular British TV-show QI this year, with producer Anders Lenhoff claiming that Sweden is finally ready for "more intelligent comedy".

"I've known of QI for several years through creator John Lloyd, and I've always thought it was simply brilliant," producer Anders Lenhoff told The Local.

"We've long wanted a Swedish version, and after several years we've got the green light and we're going into production".

The new version, which is as yet unnamed, will be broadcast on Sveriges Television (SVT).

Filling the British host Stephen Fry's enormous shoes will be Swedish quiz show veteran Johan Wester, who Lenhoff believes is the exact right man for the job.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
Shibumi
post 7.Mar.2012, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Big shoes to fill... Stephen Fry's Q.I. is brilliant.
Good luck to them!
+
Nemesis
post 7.Mar.2012, 05:41 PM
Post #3

That would require intelligent contestants and an intelligent audience.
What country do they intend to find the contestants in and what country do they intend to broadcast the show in?
+
axiom
post 7.Mar.2012, 06:08 PM
Post #4

This will be interesting and a must watch, QI is an amazingly good program and Fry is so brilliant at it.
+
kirub
post 7.Mar.2012, 06:28 PM
Post #5

But isn't the Swedish sense of humor all about killing the joke?
+
OUIJA
post 7.Mar.2012, 07:05 PM
Post #6

To make a show with the British sense of humour it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
"More intelligent comedy" in Sweden? Is it a joke? Well, wishful thinking is everywhere, so why not in Sweden?
+
Greysuede
post 7.Mar.2012, 08:24 PM
Post #7

Oh yeah he was brilliant in Wanda. One of amazing British fags!
+
Indignerad
post 7.Mar.2012, 08:50 PM
Post #8

Sweden has plenty of intelligent comedy and good comedians. Our sense of humor is also very similar to the British, so there's no problem there, the ACTUAL problem is that we keep adapting things instead of coming up with new stuff. Which is mainly the fault of scared, regressive TV execs.
+
spongepaddy
post 7.Mar.2012, 10:14 PM
Post #9

@Nemesis: Where is this "intelligent audience" of which you speak? Proxima Centauri? Pretty much by definition, a television audience isn't intelligent. Kind of like the one that reads this newspaper...
+
Flygger
post 7.Mar.2012, 11:36 PM
Post #10

I'm looking forward to this immensely.
Swedish humour is very like UK humour so I don't see a problem at all.
Can hardly wait and will give the first few screenings a bit of leeway until it settles down to be the hit that it richly deserves in Sweden..
+
Nemesis
post 8.Mar.2012, 09:51 AM
Post #11

@ spongepaddy,
Good point.
+
Ballcocks
post 11.Mar.2012, 08:52 AM
Post #12

Strange how the comment that Swedish humour is very similar to British humour comes from Swedish people and not British ones ??.
After having endured over ten years of Swedish TV and "Humour" I would have thought that Harry Hill's TV Burp would be a more appropriate export
+
gabbs
post 12.Mar.2012, 02:05 PM
Post #13

Fry is very good at delivery, however, the key to the show is the work put into the knowledge delivered by Fry, fed by boffins who spend their time scouring religiously for interesting trivia.
If you get someone who can deliver, then the show will work with the right behind the scenes team.
+
*magnush*
post 13.Mar.2012, 05:08 PM
Post #14

As long as the show stays away from TV4 and their pre-written jokes to the so called 'swedish comedy elite', there's a fair chance for success.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: