The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Have you tried any Swedish online dating websites?

Is HappyPancake the best there is?

rainonme
post 16.Apr.2013, 06:34 PM
Post #1

Does anyone have experience with Swedish online dating websites?

I tried se.match.com but something's wrong with their server and I couldn't confirm my email address. I also tried HappyPancake, but even with adblock it's an eyesore--with poor site design and user experience.

Can you recommend any others, paid or free?
Go to the top of the page
+
Opalnera
post 16.Apr.2013, 08:23 PM
Post #2

Friends of mine met through Happy Pancake, althought admittedly they are as boring as batshit.
+
PDX
post 16.Apr.2013, 08:49 PM
Post #3

Certain Swedish high-ranking officials, including policemen, have been found to be using http://forum4.aimoo.com/eskort . Good luck rolleyes.gif

~~~PDX~~~
+
monikkka
post 16.Apr.2013, 09:33 PM
Post #4

come on..why use dating websites??

there might be a chance of meeting a decent person, but have courage dont be afraid to approach women in real life
many people find it problematic but things like dating websites, spotted etc discourage people from face-to-face contact
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Apr.2013, 09:46 PM
Post #5

I used to think like you, but...finding places where you can meet face to face is the problem...I know, I know...churches, volunteering, hobbies, sports, outdoors...my favorite dog walking...don't work!

I am an older man that has met a lot of women on dating sites and it is by far the best way to do so...my opinion naturally...your experience may be different...my current girlfriend and I have been together for 10 months now...Hey you never know!... rolleyes.gif
+
monikkka
post 16.Apr.2013, 10:02 PM
Post #6

ok...the positive thing when you choose dating web is that you talk a lottttt first...sometimes without knowing someone's looks...which can be good 'cause jugding by looks only may lead you nowhere

no experience on my side when it comes to such websites, but i believe in some kind of destiny for everyone (poor me and my naiveté )

good luck
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Apr.2013, 10:19 PM
Post #7

Hey Girl!

Poor me doesn't work...we are only discussing a thing that has opinions for and against...I'll give you an against...my girlfriend is soooo afraid to tell her children how we met...some people have bad experiences...male and female...nothing's perfect, so don't feel naive or bad about what I said.

It's just another form of...boy and girl...played on a modern platform laugh.gif
+
David S
post 16.Apr.2013, 11:45 PM
Post #8

It's 9 years ago now, but I met my sambo on spraydate.se
+
rainonme
post 17.Apr.2013, 06:03 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (monikkka @ 16.Apr.2013, 08:33 PM) *
come on..why use dating websites??there might be a chance of meeting a decent person, but have courage dont be afraid to approach women in real lifemany people find it problem ... (show full quote)

Nothing wrong with diversifying your dating sources. You don't have to solely depend on online dating services, but you'd be a fool not to explore it as an option in this day and age. Take advantage of today's technology, don't be afraid of change.

QUOTE (David S @ 16.Apr.2013, 10:45 PM) *
It's 9 years ago now, but I met my sambo on spraydate.se

Thanks, I signed up and it looks like a great site.
+
John.Smith
post 17.Apr.2013, 12:00 PM
Post #10

Never used online dating myself but a female friend of mine started up a profile on one a number of months ago. She is a single Mom and so dies not get time to go out to bars or social clubs etc... She loves it as you know from the offset that a person is available and interested in meeting someone. It cuts down on speculation and also the barrier of the computer screen allows one to be a little bit more forward.

She has been out on several dates with different guys and now has a steady boyfriend the last 3 months smile.gif

it can't hurt to open your options I guess.
+
nomad89
post 1.Feb.2015, 08:15 PM
Post #11

Tried both Match and Pancake, but it seemed like members were spoiled for choice there - the response rate was appallingly low. And those who contacted me first I wouldn't date even if they paid me if you know what I mean blink.gif
There were a few other sites I signed up to and it was either no response or almost no members online. Now www.katakvinnor.se is the one I am using and don't have any complaints for it. It is free to sign up and you have to pay membership fee, but if you are serious about dating the monthly price of a couple of pints of beer in a bar is certainly affordable.

QUOTE (rainonme @ 16.Apr.2013, 05:34 PM) *
Does anyone have experience with Swedish online dating websites? I tried se.match.com but something's wrong with their server and I couldn't confirm my email address. ... (show full quote)
+
Nick9
post 19.Apr.2015, 10:02 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (nomad89 @ 1.Feb.2015, 08:15 PM) *
Tried both Match and Pancake, but it seemed like members were spoiled for choice there - the response rate was appallingly low. And those who contacted me first I wouldn't ... (show full quote)

Yeah, tried those large sites myself, they didn't work for me either.
When you mentioned Katakvinnor.se , I remembered hearing of it from my friend who had some steamy dates with girls he met via it. I use Lattfotade.se myself, it works just fine for me, met a few women via it.
+
DuneSunny2
post 21.Apr.2015, 11:08 AM
Post #13

I tried M
+
Hisingen
post 21.Apr.2015, 11:30 AM
Post #14

Having come from an era - the 50's - when 'on-line dating' sites simply did not exist, we went out and found our friends.
There is absolutely nothing like talking to a real person, and by seeing them and talking direct, you soon know whether or not there is any future in continuing. That personal chemistry rolleyes.gif
Out in the cyber world of today you have absolutely no idea of who is 'chatting' with you - unless you are using web cameras.
You could be thinking that 'this one sounds really great', when in fact it is your next door neighbour whom you would not be seen dead even looking at. Oh Boy!!
In all truth, there is nothing like seeing the real person, one way or another. Just a chat room only gives outlet for - dare I say it - those unthinkable feelings.
+
DuneSunny2
post 21.Apr.2015, 11:36 AM
Post #15

Whatever site you do test - always do a google foto search first - there are a lot of fake profiles out there. There have recently been adverts for a new exclusive dating site, where apparently all members are veted. The photos they use can all be found on google and are of models, p**n stars etc.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: