The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
  Reply to this topic

UX/UI Designer hourly rate?

Freelancers in Sweden

gos1234
post 23.Oct.2020, 12:06 PM
Post #1

Hello,

I'm a UX Designer (with 3yrs of experience) and i'm slowly learning more about the freelance market here in Sweden. The start-up I'm interested in working for, asked me about my hourly rate and I was wondering about the median hourly rates for designers in Sweden. So far, I found this useful article: https://medium.com/@jenswedin/the-state-of-...en-d1b98ceb147b

It looks like the median hourly rate is +/- 1000SEK/hr. Anyone working as a freelancer in the front-end/IT/UX world willing to share their experience? Any input is much appreciated!
Go to the top of the page
+
ChocOwl
post 27.Oct.2020, 11:02 AM
Post #2

Sorry, no experience of this industry but be wary of people quoting income amounts without explaining exactly what they are referring to. An hourly rate could be a freelancer invoicing through their own company (with or without VAT included)(i.e. the freelancer pays their own employer contribution fees) or they could be employed/consulting via an agency (which acts as an employer) on an hourly rate, in which case the employer/agency also pays employer contributions and deducts tax.
+
DavidSmitis
post 3.Nov.2020, 11:04 AM
Post #3

If I were you, I would ask about the rate they are willing to pay you. And I would discuss the details of the project. After all, how can you name the desired rate if you do not know about the volume of work.
+
DavidSmitis
post 4.Nov.2020, 10:20 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (DavidSmitis @ 3.Nov.2020, 12:04 PM) *
If I were you, I would ask about the rate they are willing to pay you. And I would discuss the details of the project. After all, how can you name the desired rate if you do n ... (show full quote)

This question is usually asked when they want to reduce wages as much as possible.
+

Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: