The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12   Reply to this topic

So tired of living in Sweden!

Tired of the country

bonviveur
post 13.Oct.2019, 08:42 AM
Post #166

QUOTE (mayin2018 @ 13.Oct.2019, 12:48 AM) *
i'm not complaining about the housing system. but frustrated about the second hand contract. how come people are not allowed to rent out their own apartment without permis ... (show full quote)

totally agree, my recent experience going to state owned tändlakare - paid 2300 sek for one tooth filling,done in 20 min., was a simple one by the way no painkillers was needed during visit.
Few asylum seekers also was waiting, I believe they pay only 50sek per visit regardless condition. At SFI majority learners are asylum seekers also, when I was attending only 2 persons out of 30 circa was not applying for asylum, and many of them attending SFI for 5 years plus, while getting paid for their accomodation, free bus rides, food and cash benefits , heavily discounted healthcare etc.
still waiting to see any off them to create added value...
Go to the top of the page
+
TheExpatEagle
post 13.Oct.2019, 06:47 PM
Post #167

QUOTE (bonviveur @ 13.Oct.2019, 09:42 AM) *
totally agree, my recent experience going to state owned tändlakare - paid 2300 sek for one tooth filling,done in 20 min., was a simple one by the way no painkillers was nee ... (show full quote)

Funny, I paid 800kr for a filling at Folktandvården with a painkilling injection.

I sometimes wonder if people on this forum live in the same Sweden that I do.
+
TheExpatEagle
post 13.Oct.2019, 06:59 PM
Post #168

QUOTE (mayin2018 @ 13.Oct.2019, 12:48 AM) *
i'm not complaining about the housing system. but frustrated about the second hand contract. how come people are not allowed to rent out their own apartment without permis ... (show full quote)

Not all private housing associations are more expensive. The thing with private housing associations are they are generally more in line with market rates.

The reason why people can't rent out their first hand apartments is to help people get apartments. If someone doesn't need the apartment they should give it up so someone in the queue can take it. Why should people be able to have an apartment and rent it out?

Kommunal housing is like council houses in the UK except the housing arm of councils were turned into private companies. However the rents are controlled to a certain extent so they can't just increase to match the market demand.

The Moderates want to take away the rent control to enable the rents to reflect the market. They also want to make it legal for people to buy apartments to rent them out (buy to rent) which is one of the things that has screwed the UK housing market because it has turned housing into a business instead of a places to live.

People new to Sweden complain about the situation but it is for the good of the population who live here, as it should be. There are plenty of places people can go to get a 1st hand contract with little or no waiting time and they are generally 500kr a month more than a comparable kommunal housing flat.

The question is if there wasn't a housing queue how would the companies decide who should get an apartment? Racial profiling? How much money they have in the bank? The fairest way is a seniority based queue.
+

12 Pages V  « < 10 11 12
Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: