The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Second round of university admissions

No change in results, I'm still in reserve

gregorsamsa
post 28.May.2009, 08:42 PM
Post #1

Dear friends,

As you all know, results of second round are notified today. I was on Reserv 1 for my first priority programme in the first round and now I am still in Reserv 1. It was not changed or deleted. On the other hand, one of my classmates, who admitted to that programme in the first round, withdrew his application. So instead of him, I should be selected, but I am not.

Is there a problem in the process?

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page
+
kerostarfx
post 28.May.2009, 08:53 PM
Post #2

I guess it depends how many people withdrew and how many were on the reserve list before you
+
gregorsamsa
post 28.May.2009, 09:03 PM
Post #3

Reserv 1 means that if one person withdraws from the programme or rejects the programme, firstly you are admitted in, doesn't it?
+
sada
post 28.May.2009, 09:40 PM
Post #4

who knows? my friend is in a same situation...
reseve means deleted or what?
+
Puffin
post 28.May.2009, 09:46 PM
Post #5

Reserve means reserve - however no all programmes will take in reserves

However I beleive some Universities have over recruited in their first round - meaning that they have given out more offers than places as they expected some to drop out.

In previous years there has also been a place transfer on some programmes - were universities have increased numbers on some programmes and closed unpopular ones- however the situation this year is that most universities are full
+
gregorsamsa
post 28.May.2009, 09:53 PM
Post #6

On the other hand, my application was not deleted. Will there be a third round or should I ask it to the department? Indeed, what should I do?smile.gif

Thank you Puffin by the way.
+
sada
post 28.May.2009, 09:56 PM
Post #7

but why don't they change the statuses?
it's written reseve after second result
+
miki44
post 28.May.2009, 10:20 PM
Post #8

i got 'res 4' for master in finance at Umea Uni,
it is sad to say, but right I hope that many non eu students won't get residence permits so I can be admitted :/

by the way, sth is confusing:
when i talked to programme coordinatror he told me that they will accept more late applications in june/ july, so how there could be any reserve list right now?
i don't know how it works :/
+
Puffin
post 28.May.2009, 10:32 PM
Post #9

There is sometimes a 3rd round - some people will have their visa refused or will not have the funding to come - so if you are very flexible places do sometimes come available and the admissions officers will start contacting reserves

If you hang on it can happen very late sometimes - I knew a student from Finland who wanted to attend Uppsala but was only a reserve - she eventually was offered a place in Umeå and had arranged accomodation and was ready to travel and with 5 days to go before term started an offer came from Uppsala...
+
hjbkh520
post 29.May.2009, 01:10 AM
Post #10

Actually, my situation seems much more strange.
After 1st selection, I was put on the first position of Waiting List by CTH. To my surprise, I was even brought down to RES 2 after 2nd selection.
What's lucky is that I submitted one late appliction to Linkoping University after 1st round and I was admitted.
+
miki44
post 29.May.2009, 08:21 PM
Post #11

hey,
I got:

ÖS-999

ÖS means 'eligible without merit-based evaluation'

Is that always that withhout merit-based evaluation you are placed on a 'virtual' waiting list, or there is in fact a real one?

I got follwong messages:

You have been placed on the waiting-list for studies at Umeå University. If there is any change in your status and a seat becomes available you will be contacted by the department directly. Please note that the result 'Reserve' cannot be appealed. If you have not been contacted by the department before 15 June, you will not be admitted to this programme this time. We thank you for your interest in Umeå University and welcome you to apply in another round.

Your general eligibility is conditional: In order to begin your studies you must show that you fulfill the general requirement of a completed academic degree comprising of at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent. The requirement must be fulfilled and the appropriate credentials presented to the institution when the programme/course starts at the latest.

Can anyone get admited 'conditionaly' and have status 'admited'? Has anyone similar experience?

Thanks
+
matale
post 29.May.2009, 09:20 PM
Post #12

conditional eligability means u didnt finish ur degree before you applied so if you are admitted you need to present your diploma on registration day. plenty of people admitted with conditional eligability.
+
miki44
post 29.May.2009, 09:45 PM
Post #13

Thanks, but my results say 'OS 999 res 4' as well, so it means that I am on reserve list conditionally (?).

However, 'Acc. in S.G' says ' 0 '.

I was wondering if the reserve list isn't a virtual one. How is that possible that they still accept late applications if there is no place available?
+
matale
post 29.May.2009, 10:51 PM
Post #14

yes you are on the waiting list conditionaly. it looks like they didnt take anyone in that selection group, they might be picking from another group. Some spots might open very late especially for EU people because they dont need visas, thats why they are accepting late applicants .
+
pittana
post 30.May.2009, 10:00 AM
Post #15

I'm still on the waiting list for the second round too. Is there any chance for me to be accept or this is the last result? I really wanna know if i should wait or should give up and find another universities in other countries?

Thanks
Pittana
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: