The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Needy woman asking for help.

Can help be given?

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jan.2016, 05:08 PM
Post #1

Here is a letter I received today...unfortunately I am not in a position to help this poor woman.

Can anyone here help her???

Group: Members
Member No.: 174,735

Hello Dear

I am writing this mail to you with heavy tears In my eyes and great sorrow in my heart, My Name is Mrs Stephanie Hermanson. I am contacting you from my country home, I married to Mr. Hermanson who worked with Tunisia
embassy in Ivory Coast. For Nine years before he died in the year 2005. We were married for nine years without a child.

he died after a brief illness that lasted for only five days. Since His death I decided not to remarry, When my late husband was alive he deposited the sum of US$ 6.5m (Six Million Five hundred Thousand Dollars) in a bank in abidjan the capital city of ivory coast in west Africa Presently this money is still in bank. he made this money available for exportation
of Gold from ivory coast mining.

Recently, My Doctor told me that I would not last for the period of time due to cancer problem. The one that disturbs me most is my stroke sickness. Having known my condition I decided to hand you over this money to take care of the less-privileged people, you will utilize this money the way I am going to instruct herein. I want you to take 30 Percent of the total money for your personal use While 70% of the money will go to charity" people in the street and helping the orphanage.

As soon as I receive your reply I shall give you the contact of the bank in Cote D' Ivoire and I will also instruct the Bank Manger to issue you an authority letter that will prove you the present beneficiary of the money in the bank that is if you assure me that you will act accordingly.

Regards From
Mrs.Stephanie Hermanson
reply me here (farahmore @mail.com)
Go to the top of the page
+
Model T Ford
post 29.Jan.2016, 05:15 PM
Post #2

Oh good, Gamla, to see you move up from spammer to swindler.
+
Bsmith
post 29.Jan.2016, 05:46 PM
Post #3

I already have a needy wife and two needy kids who get all my money. Sorry.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jan.2016, 05:55 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Model T Ford @ 29.Jan.2016, 05:15 PM) *
Oh good, Gamla, to see you move up from spammer to swindler.

laugh.gif x3
+
Hisingen
post 29.Jan.2016, 06:10 PM
Post #5

I guess old MTF has better add me to that list since I got one such PM today also.

Mind you, MTF is not letting on as to whether he has also received such a PM - - - wily old buffer.
+
Model T Ford
post 29.Jan.2016, 06:13 PM
Post #6

Swear this woman was peddling this opportunity years ago when I was in Lidingo.

Thanks for having her send those PMs to me.

Will set up the transfer when I'm in Sweden in 10 days, and then surrender to the authorities.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jan.2016, 06:45 PM
Post #7

Yeah!!! They let anybody in these days, you won't have a problem!!!
+
Hisingen
post 29.Jan.2016, 06:50 PM
Post #8

I wouldn't worry if I were you, unless you have millions in the bank and NOT in safety in your mattress. This seems to be a new version of the old Nigeria letters. I had several a few years back, and always gave them my bank card number, suitably modified such that, if they translated the numbers to the letters as on a telephone, they spelled out PULL THEO THER LEGG. Funny thing is, I never heard from them after that. cool.gif
+
luvsourabh
post 26.May.2016, 09:14 AM
Post #9

If I were to have helped all of those who promise to send me money, I would have been on Forbes list of billionaires and dining with bill gates, thinking which company to buy next.
+
Hisingen
post 26.May.2016, 10:07 AM
Post #10

I received yet another one yesterday, and from the proceeds I could have even bought up Microsoft.
Add to that there are the regular phishers, telling me I owe this and that, and that I am expected to attend the court case - usually in the US - on the following day. Either that or that my bank account will be frozen until send them all my details 'for verification'. Banks that I have never had accounts with, and they all get forwarded to the respective bank's fraud department. I never, ever, open the 'form I must complete with all my account details'. I may be a bit ancient but I am not yet in my dotage. Unfortunately there are others, though, who are perhaps not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and who do provide the info, and are much poorer as a result.
That little trick I mentioned in a previous post with the 'credit card number' is often practiced, but I am left wondering if ever they do refer to the text - - - - . Ah well, who cares. It's a bit of a giggle anyway, and it only requires a little cut and paste. You know - that stuff that many use on here . rolleyes.gif
+
littleviking
post 26.May.2016, 12:43 PM
Post #11

We keep getting calls from some people claiming they are from Microsoft speaking indian english.
i told them about 20 times now we dont have anything that has anything from Microsoft and still they insist even though i ask numerous times how can they be that stupid in trying to scam ppl in English when microsoft has support in Sweden in swedish
+
Hisingen
post 26.May.2016, 01:29 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (littleviking @ 26.May.2016, 12:43 PM) *
We keep getting calls from some people claiming they are from Microsoft speaking indian english. - - -

Keep them talking, if it is on the phone, since phone calls are not for free, so it must hit them where it hurts eventually - in the pocket. But at least keep them out of your computer, that will only hurt you in the long run.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: