The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
29 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »    Reply to this topic

SI + University Scholarships 2017 - Sweden MS

Scholarship news and results

Aly
post 4.Apr.2017, 10:13 AM
Post #121

QUOTE (thaole @ 4.Apr.2017, 08:16 AM) *
Thanks Aly, the only problem is that I didn't put LinkedIn account, I put a simple social media platform and now I feel so silly but I guess there's no point talking a ... (show full quote)

You are very welcome, I'm glad if I gave you even a little reassurance)) In fact, I've recently developed this irrational phobia that I messed up with my application - like wrote the wrong personal number or something like that. So in this way, maybe I'm more paranoid than anyone else here))
I'm both waiting desperately for Friday to finally end this madness and afraid of it. Because my worst nightmare is waiting and waiting the whole day for this foul email, and gradually understanding it's not coming.
Go to the top of the page
+
RRR
post 4.Apr.2017, 10:54 AM
Post #122

QUOTE (Gvantsa @ 4.Apr.2017, 01:00 PM) *
Guys )) I will tell you my situation and you will realize that you are in very good position. I am not waiting only my results, but also my boyfriend's visby results) Ther ... (show full quote)

So the strange thing about you is that you both need to get that and you are competing in the same group:)this doubles the stress:)
+
Gvantsa
post 4.Apr.2017, 10:57 AM
Post #123

QUOTE (RRR @ 4.Apr.2017, 01:54 PM) *
So the strange thing about you is that you both need to get that and you are competing in the same group:)this doubles the stress:)

Yeah that is right, but the main point is that we compete with different programmes and our qualifications is more or less equal ))) We are really in double stress
+
hoangelec
post 4.Apr.2017, 12:48 PM
Post #124

For someone who no longer has any chance of getting the SISS, I feel quite entertained to see how you guys are losing your mind waiting for the scholarships results on April 10th lol . At first I was very disappointed about my admission result, but now I feel like I'm relieved from a very huge pressure.

Anyway, I suggest you go find and read "Shin angyo onshi", it's a true manga masterpiece and I think it will help you relax a little bit. wink.gif
+
thaole
post 4.Apr.2017, 01:03 PM
Post #125

QUOTE (RRR @ 4.Apr.2017, 03:52 PM) *
Dear thaole, Thank you so much for your support Actually I am working and lucky I am these days I have a lot to do at work. However, I cannot stop thinking about the scholarsh ... (show full quote)

Hey don't mention it. Whatever it is, I hope you will get some time off. Don't over do it alright? And share with us whatever it is, stressed or not, we'll be more than happy to share it with you! You're not alone in this. cool.gif
+
thaole
post 4.Apr.2017, 01:25 PM
Post #126

QUOTE (Aly @ 4.Apr.2017, 04:13 PM) *
You are very welcome, I'm glad if I gave you even a little reassurance)) In fact, I've recently developed this irrational phobia that I messed up with my application - ... (show full quote)

Ah, you too need something to take your mind off all these for a while, Aly. Actually if we choose to do something that helps us relieve stress, time might seem to move faster and that's exactly what we need right now. Though I'm telling you this, all these stress and waiting, to me, are somehow worth it. Whether I get in or not, I feel like I'm already so lucky, like I've won something. Because here I am, witnessing first-hand people from different parts of the world getting together to help one another out, making one another feel better and knowing that you yourself are able to participate in this goodness, instead of fighting with anger and bitterness for the same thing. I'd say this is pretty amazing. I'm sure there are other plans waiting for us, even if we don't get the scholarship. This is not the end. I do hope you can find some time to chill for a bit. Cheers!
+
Davit
post 4.Apr.2017, 01:35 PM
Post #127

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910483

Yep, you've got a point. I've never thought there are two different letters - one is a notification and the other one is the official letter for embassy...
And YES, we'd stay strong, stay together, it helps. I mean even this forum, this opportunity of socializing and sharing our thoughts and problems really works. I even look forward to hearing from you guys biggrin.gif
This is when religous people use to pray...
+
Davit
post 4.Apr.2017, 01:47 PM
Post #128

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910485

Thao, I appreciate what you think of me... Yep, I've worked hard and I really need this MA programme. It is the matter of my future indeed. All my plans are linked with this , I just don't have another plan or wayout.
I didn't know about seconomic biggrin.gif thanks a lot. I've already read a lot about it. However I've stressed on economy in the context so I think they'll get it's a mistype. The think is I'm diligent but I've got problems with concentration. I mean most of us terribly worry on exams f.e. but I've always been relaxed on my exams or events like that. It's not because I'm not a serious person, no I'm extremly responsible one, it's just a trait of character. That's why I couldn't notice that mistype or didn't improve my motivation letter although I really didn't and don't know how...
Briefly, I think you're right, I simply overthinking))
+
thaole
post 4.Apr.2017, 01:48 PM
Post #129

QUOTE (Davit @ 4.Apr.2017, 07:35 PM) *
https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910483Yep, you've got a point. I've never thought there are two different letters - one is a notification and th ... (show full quote)

Cheers to positivity and your positivity, Davit! I'm looking forward to hearing from you too! If we do get the scholarship, we should all meet at one city at least once. It's such a waste to let this friendship just pass by. smile.gif
+
Davit
post 4.Apr.2017, 01:53 PM
Post #130

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910503

Let's write a collective letter to them asking to consider your special condition. I'm serious. Why don't you explain them your situation? I mean if I was in sellection office I won't ever tear you.
+
Davit
post 4.Apr.2017, 01:55 PM
Post #131

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910524

Yep, we definitely ought to keep and evolve this friendship cool.gif
+
thaole
post 4.Apr.2017, 01:58 PM
Post #132

QUOTE (Davit @ 4.Apr.2017, 07:47 PM) *
https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910485Thao, I appreciate what you think of me... Yep, I've worked hard and I really need this MA programme. It is th ... (show full quote)

You can't blame yourself if you are overthinking it because anyone in this situation would be overthinking right now. In fact, all of us are. Oh you're not the only one that has problems with concentration so I can totally relate and understand. I don't think I have the strongest CV either and I'm serious, but you've done all you could so you know that you've done your best, whether there was a small mistake or not. You have nothing to regret. Literally nothing, right? Because you actually don't even know how they evaluate the process and applications, like you've mentioned.
+
Davit
post 4.Apr.2017, 02:19 PM
Post #133

https://www.thelocal.se/discuss/index.php?s...st&p=910527

Yep, you're right, it's done and nothing can be changed. Moreover I wouldn't like to change a thing. Everything is on the maximum. I mean, in motivation letters and CVs we have intoduced ourselves they way we are, nothing more or less. Now it is up to them... I'd like to say let them think biggrin.gif
+
Aly
post 4.Apr.2017, 02:26 PM
Post #134

QUOTE (thaole @ 4.Apr.2017, 02:25 PM) *
Ah, you too need something to take your mind off all these for a while, Aly. Actually if we choose to do something that helps us relieve stress, time might seem to move faster ... (show full quote)

Funny enough, I have some work stuff to keep my brain busy, but that doesn't help. I'm too stressed right now so there's only one way - wait and get these results. But without this forum it would be much worse. Really, would be terrific to see you all in person.

QUOTE (Davit @ 4.Apr.2017, 02:47 PM) *
Thao, I appreciate what you think of me... Yep, I've worked hard and I really need this MA programme. It is the matter of my future indeed. All my plans are linked with th ... (show full quote)

Oh, come on. You are too hard on yourself. We all make typos, it's not a tragedy. I also put a lot in this application, and a lot in my life depends on it, and being hard on myself is my daily routine, and I know, it's annoying to make mistakes when you try really hard, but you made it this far, and you should be proud of yourself.
And I really think the typo won't affect the Visby people decision biggrin.gif
+
Kondwani
post 4.Apr.2017, 02:36 PM
Post #135

How I wish I can change my CV. It was printed and scanned as I couldn't merge my passport and Cv because of the formats I used. But I guess its too late now to change that though I tried to write them to check if I still have room to change that.
+

29 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: