The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Tax withheld from foreign dividends

Where to declare this on Swedish tax declaration?

post 24.Mar.2019, 11:02 AM
Post #1
Joined: 14.Sep.2017

During 2018 I received some dividends from foreign shares, held with a foreign broker, which had some tax withheld by the source country. Naturally, none of this is pre-filled on my Swedish tax return. I think the dividends (along with interest received) go under section 7.2 of the Swedish tax return, but where do I declare the foreign withholding tax on those dividends (to avoid them being double-taxed)?

Also, what kind of proof of this would SV require? Would the statement from the broker be enough?
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: