The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
30 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »    Reply to this topic

help me to like Sweden

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 28.Apr.2016, 05:41 PM
Post #106

Where is it written that Swedes have to be friendly???

Where is it written that Swedes have to be friendly to strangers???

Where is it written that Swedes have to be friendly to foreigners???

Where is it written that Swedes have to be friendly at all???

And if it is...where did you read it???

And if you read it, why did you believe it???

Obviously from this thread they are not...So what!!!
Go to the top of the page
+
Lazarzero
post 28.Apr.2016, 06:05 PM
Post #107

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 28.Apr.2016, 05:41 PM) *
Where is it written that Swedes have to be friendly???Where is it written that Swedes have to be friendly to strangers???Where is it written that Swedes have to be friendly to ... (show full quote)

Where is it written that people who live in Sweden have to listen to a troll who doesn't live in Sweden?
+
Mzungu
post 28.Apr.2016, 06:17 PM
Post #108

Same old crap..

*different posters*
+
Martian
post 28.Apr.2016, 07:07 PM
Post #109

QUOTE (Lamy @ 28.Apr.2016, 03:43 PM) *
Obv you got your brain eaten by a Swede. This isn't bitching, this is discussing.

#Dies Laughing. Damn it Lamy. Now this one got me cracking up tongue.gif tongue.gif
+
Apache001
post 28.Apr.2016, 07:27 PM
Post #110

Alright same old crap, why not tell us how and what you have done to integrate in Sweden and how long you have lived here.
I have before shown you a link where Swedish men and women display nudity online and on the other hand claim they are shy and reserved, is that a load of crap and untrue even with the links I put.
I have shown several examples of lack of empathy and compassion by Swedes, is that also a load of crap.
I have also shown examples of Swedes saying if anyone is naturally nice in Sweden it means the person wants something or he is a white trash alcoholic, is that also a load of bull crap.
How about several examples of Swedish road users who are so impatient to allow just one car join the long queue in a bad traffic caused by an accident, is that load of crap.
How about racial profiling at the stores, is that load of crap.
How about lack of respect to there parents by shouting on them to "sluta nu". Is that load of crap
How about the girl who gave example of her food burning in the kitchen in her student apartment with Swedes and they didn't say anything to her, is that load of crap, and by the way Emerentia this is also a close example of the standing up in the bus example I gave, where you said I confused respectfulness for been paranoid, is this kitchen example out of respectfulness or paranoia.
Been nice when abroad and not nice at home, is that a load of crap, because you often hear people who live with Swedes abroad saying but the ones here are really not like that or maybe they have changed.
Or shall we conclude that Swedes are not the problem, Sweden is or vise versa.
What amount of effort do you suggest in the journey of integration for people who have lived many years here before Mongo Park.
Bring on a constructive discussion and I will be glad to have an exchange of ideas and don't try to run other people's experiences down.
At least now so far it looks like people complaining about Sweden are from different parts of the world, so you can't just say shut the door and go back home.
Lazarzero as far as I am concerned and many other people I know in real life both Nationals and immigrants have a hindsight on many of these issues.
For lack of time I would have started a social experiment vlog to show Hisinge and his friends that the problems are real and imminent.
+
Bsmith
post 28.Apr.2016, 07:57 PM
Post #111

"I have before shown you a link where Swedish men and women display nudity online and on the other hand claim they are shy and reserved."

Where the heck was I when you did this? Damn. Any of them cute?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 28.Apr.2016, 07:59 PM
Post #112

Again...So what...It's just an opinion of a person from a different culture...

Who cares!!!
+
Cheeseroller
post 28.Apr.2016, 09:13 PM
Post #113

Not everyone is going to feel at home in Sweden, just as some people won't feel at home in other countries. Sweden is generally more suited to introverts and nature lovers. If you are a very social person, someone who enjoys the arts and big events, or a person who enjoys visiting the rich architecture and nature in continental Europe - Sweden will feel claustrophobic and boring.

After 14 years, I moved to Germany and live on the border of Belgium and the Netherlands. We made a nice group of friends within the first months who we are now very close too and we enjoy that they just drop in for a coffee or glass of wine when they want. Eating out is affordable and it's easy to jump in the car and visit somewhere new at the weekend. For my wife and I, the difference between living in Sweden is night and day. But our son who grew up in Sweden didn't like Germany at all and is now living back in Sweden.

Most ex-pats survive in Sweden by making friends with other ex-pats. We did this too, but it's a poorer substitute from making Swedish friends and really learning about the culture.

You really have two choices, adapt or leave. For me the lightbulb moment was when I decided that I definitely didn't want to retire in Sweden and have to use a zimmerframe on icy pavements to go to the supermarket :-)
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 28.Apr.2016, 09:25 PM
Post #114

If you want to feel at home...Stay there!!!
+
Lamy
post 28.Apr.2016, 09:33 PM
Post #115

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 28.Apr.2016, 10:13 PM) *
Not everyone is going to feel at home in Sweden, just as some people won't feel at home in other countries. Sweden is generally more suited to introverts and nature lovers ... (show full quote)

Thanks for your comment @Cheeseroll.
It does feel weird to imagine retiring here (or anywhere else that isn't homeland).
I am an arts person and I can not wait for my cultural trip abroad to refill with inspiration. I thought that it would be ok to be insulated if being focused on projects, work with occasional trips abroad. I now also realise that it is not so easy to get away - the cheapest trips are Norway, Poland, Danemark.
You stayed 14 years here so you probably enjoyed it or was that always a question for you: should I stay or should I go!?
+
post 28.Apr.2016, 10:37 PM
Post #116

QUOTE (Mzungu @ 28.Apr.2016, 06:17 PM) *
Same old crap... *different posters*

same ole wise mzungu. all good your way?
+
post 28.Apr.2016, 10:46 PM
Post #117

QUOTE (Lazarzero @ 28.Apr.2016, 04:13 PM) *
if I walk into a restaurant and I don't like the food, I leave and go to a different restaurant. That's common sense. I don't sit down and eat food I don't lik ... (show full quote)

if you walk into a country and you don't like the people, their customs or what they have on offer, you go to a different country. you don't bitch about it ad nauseum on a discussion forum. that is not common sense.

And take yer little 007 butt buddy with you fuckers.
my my. not very nice. you could just ignore me like you offer as advice.

I am entitled to exercise my freedom of speech and trash this place to high hell on the internet. You don't like me exercising my freedom of speech? You don't like me trashing Sweden?

as the above are entitled to their input you just tried to shut down. you're full of contradictions. one might call you a hypocrite wink.gif
+
Lazarzero
post 28.Apr.2016, 10:59 PM
Post #118

QUOTE (7 @ 28.Apr.2016, 10:46 PM) *
if you walk into a country and you don't like the people, their customs or what they have on offer, you go to a different country. you don't bitch about it ad nauseum ... (show full quote)

So it's wrong for people to discuss life in Sweden on a discussion board entitled "Discuss>Life in Sweden"?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 28.Apr.2016, 11:11 PM
Post #119

No!!!

It's wrong if you differ from the "Swede Bashers"!!!
+
post 28.Apr.2016, 11:17 PM
Post #120

QUOTE (Lazarzero @ 28.Apr.2016, 10:59 PM) *
So it's wrong for people to discuss life in Sweden on a discussion board entitled "Discuss>Life in Sweden"?

did i say that? you are the only one trying to control what people say.

i just tried to move lamy's thread along. the OP was a request to help like sweden. lamy drew a conclusion that it wasn't possible and would eventually leave (when it was right for them). i offered advice to help lamy make the best of enjoying life while here now that a decision had been made. seemed the thread had run its course.
+

30 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: