The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Team Umeå drinks meetup

6pm Saturday 11.Jul.2009 @ Bishop's Arms pub

Purple_Rache
post 27.Jun.2009, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Hey,

Just checking the forum again. Well, as school is finished for the summer, I need something else to occupy my mind (whilst continuing my ever more depressing search for work here) and I'd really like to meet up with you guys sometime smile.gif I'll have to check back more often, as everything seems to happen when I'm not around.

Rachael
Go to the top of the page
+
jim747
post 29.Jun.2009, 07:44 PM
Post #2

Yep, well the summer is here at last and folk like meeting up when the weather's better, can't find em otherwise, think it's called hibernation, so you are in with a good chance now!
+
Beren
post 29.Jun.2009, 10:08 PM
Post #3

If there's a drinks meet in the near future, I'd love to gatecrash myself!

I live in Lycksele, so I'd drive over and get a room for the night. Does anyone know a good cheap hotel I could use?

Midsommar has made me realise I don't drink as much as I did back in Blighty. I need some practice...
+
Rudyard
post 30.Jun.2009, 09:41 AM
Post #4

Hi all, would you guys n gals mind if I perhaps gate-crashed as well for a short while to say hello. I've been in Umeå for nearly two months now, but haven't really met anyone yet. Mostly been going for walks and hanging around the flat! Would be great to meet some of you. Cheers!
+
Purple_Rache
post 30.Jun.2009, 01:18 PM
Post #5

Cool! More people! Well, I'm here in Umeå until the middle of August (on holiday then). I've been to the Bishop's Arms in the centre, that's a nice place, bit tardis-like, though smile.gif If anyone's up for meeting there, say July 11th, at 6pm perhaps? I'm just putting it out there, to get the ball rolling smile.gif
+
jim747
post 30.Jun.2009, 05:15 PM
Post #6

Yep, i'm definatly up for Sat the 11th at the Bishops Arms, if the weather is good they have the serving area outside too.

I know loads of Ex-pats now that iv'e moved into town, so i'll get in touch with them and see how many will be able to come out and meet up. If you have not been here long then they are the ones to ask any questions, some of them have been here for 25 to 30 years!!!
+
Eric Cantona
post 30.Jun.2009, 05:19 PM
Post #7

Is there much on up there? Stupid question - summer the time to go? Can't make this Saturday though unsure.gif
+
roch
post 30.Jun.2009, 05:54 PM
Post #8

Hi! I can't make it (sent you a PM Rach) as I leave for the depths of the norrland wilderness on Saturday blink.gif

See you all next time! Jim it's been too long!!!!
+
jim747
post 30.Jun.2009, 08:34 PM
Post #9

Yeh I know, where the ell you been? Your only excuse better be that you are working biggrin.gif

Hopefully see you soon, enjoy the wilderness and try not get too many broms and midgy bites!!!!
+
jim747
post 30.Jun.2009, 08:45 PM
Post #10

Just like to add that the 11th is NEXT saturday, not this weekend coming.

Beren - Not sure about hotels, if my flat was bigger you could have stayed here, but it's only 26 sqm and no room to swing a cat. However, you could check up on a Vandrarhem, youth hostel, they are reasonably cheap and you don't always have to be a member, you can also request a small room so you are not in a dormitory with 20 eijits.

Rudyard - Get in touch, that's about all I do as well, go wandering around town or farting about in my (wee) flat. I must admit I do go to the cinema every weekend though. Anyway if you want to grab a coffee or fika or a beer then let me know, if i'm not working away from Umeå then i'm available most of the time.

That goes for everyone, i'm not scared!

My e-mail address for anyone who wants to get in touch is jimmykippen (squiggly bit) yahoo.co.uk And make sure you let me know who you are or i'll probably delete it as spam otherwise.
+
Rudyard
post 30.Jun.2009, 11:07 PM
Post #11

Hi guys,

I'm definately up for some drinks/whatever on the 11th. It would be great to meet you all.

Enjoy your wilderness adventure Roch (hope you don't attract the Broms like I seem to...) - I'm sure I'll get to meet you at some point later in the summer.

Thanks for the invite Jim, I'll certainly take you up on that. I'm actually a bit tied up the rest of this week and the weekend, but maybe one afternoon or evening next week we could arrange a quick beer/coke or something? Alternatively I'll catch you on the 11th anyway.

Likewise, I'm happy to meet up with anyone else - just swing me a PM or something!

Cheers!
+
roch
post 1.Jul.2009, 10:43 AM
Post #12

My thermometer says 38 degrees on my balcony. I am meant to be going to do odd jobs today before I go away... but I just can't face it...

Umeå is hot hot hot today!

Jim I sent ya a PM... I hope to meet the newbies too at some point! biggrin.gif

Have a great summer!
+
Damian
post 1.Jul.2009, 04:46 PM
Post #13

did someone say beer and pub

i'll do my best to be there. not sure if we are away that weekend or not yet

cheers

and hi jim. did i see your van in bygdsiljum a while ago?
+
jim747
post 1.Jul.2009, 07:00 PM
Post #14

It wasn't me, iv'e been working down in Omne in Kramfors Kommun for ages. Stands a chance it was Peter.

That night should prove to be a cracker as all the ex-pats are meeting at The Bishops Arms the same night.
+
Beren
post 1.Jul.2009, 07:34 PM
Post #15

The 11th it is then! I'll do some digging about online for hotels. Failing that, a spot of wild camping in the most overgrown garden I can find!

I look forward to meeting you all! I won't remember much the next morning, but I'm sure I'll get the odd flashback...
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: