The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Snow in Östersund

Mzungu
post 27.Oct.2006, 02:13 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Udderly Malicious Mutley)
It's just dreadful in Skärholmen...

"Zombies"?...
Go to the top of the page
+
*Cheeseroller*
post 27.Oct.2006, 02:16 PM
Post #17

Vaxholm, north Stockholm. Dark overcast skies, wind picking up, rain threatening, 12 degC.

Better run to SystemBolaget before the serious weather starts...
+
Muttlestar Galactica
post 27.Oct.2006, 03:32 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (Mzungu)
"Zombies"?...

No...just Skarholmen's dreadful.
+
jim747
post 27.Oct.2006, 07:46 PM
Post #19

Umeå just nu!

http://webcam.educ.umu.se/
+
Mzungu
post 27.Oct.2006, 08:00 PM
Post #20

Go South my friend...go South!.."Vaggeryd" (Småland) windless, starlit night +9C.. 8)
+
David S
post 27.Oct.2006, 10:36 PM
Post #21

damn, you're making me "homesick". 20mins outside of Östersund is where I lived when I first came to Sweden, and later I moved in to town and lived there a couple of years.

Beautiful part of the world, especially when the snow is out!
+
Loke
post 28.Oct.2006, 09:40 AM
Post #22

QUOTE (Mzungu)
Go South my friend...go South!.."Vaggeryd" (Småland) windless, starlit night +9C.. 8)

Heresy!

'Tis actually quite nice, now the wind has let up. A frozen cookie for anyone who can guess (without the aid of Google and its nefarious brethren) what the sculpture in the top right corner is meant to represent...
+
Kitten
post 28.Oct.2006, 10:09 AM
Post #23

Happy Saturday everybody!

Been cloudy, wet, windy, and around 5 degrees for the last week or so here in Uddevalla. The tree right outside my window that used to be covered with beautiful scarlet foliage is now totally bare. sad.gif

*sigh*...the darkness is beginning.
+
Ems
post 28.Oct.2006, 12:56 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Loke)
Heresy!

'Tis actually quite nice, now the wind has let up. A frozen cookie for anyone who can guess (without the aid of Google and its nefarious brethren) what the sculpture in the top right corner is meant to represent...

I know! No need to worry though, I'm not going to spoil your fun.
+
*Torque*
post 28.Oct.2006, 03:41 PM
Post #25

82 degrees and Santa Ana winds back home, Kitten. The leaves are just now falling. (Yes, we have seasons in So. Cal) I've amused myself raking the fruit trees' leaves to celebrate Fall's glory. That and visiting a pumpkin patch to get the ol' glow going.

As you probably know from CNN, Palm Springs is burning with an arson fire that killed four firefighters.

That means somewhat smoky skies in the rest of So Cal and some gorgeous sunrises.

The ground is dry though. Big cracks and brown patches in super thirsty lawns. All of So. Cal. is at risk for fire right now. There's not been a lot of humidity at night.

I think I'd like to be in the north of Sweden with the snow than just with barren trees and concrete. I was in Stockholm one November and the light was depressing on the empty concrete areas where there was no one around. A lonely time for a traveller.
+
jim747
post 29.Oct.2006, 04:28 PM
Post #26

QUOTE (Loke)
Heresy!

Ehh, I think it is supposed to represent Northern Lights if I remember correctly!
+
*Torque*
post 29.Oct.2006, 06:52 PM
Post #27

Jim, if you see black tee shirts with Umea printed on them, let me know where you find them. I'll have a friend buy me one. She can't find them, but I'd like one. (Not Umea Uni) Tack.

Oh, and I'm still looking for models of Swedish kitchen cupboards with mini Swedish products in them. They're meant to be hung up on your kitchen walls.

These, and I STILL haven't bought the typical Swedish utensil vase...I always say "next time,"like an idiot. (I know where to buy these, I just don't feel like carrying them, shipping them...whatever is my excuse at the time.I think it's that I can't settle on a color.)

Does everybody have one of these? I love the shapes of vases for utensils and the little pots of mustard and so on from Sweden. Unique. I have some little pots I bought at second hand stores.
+
Loke
post 29.Oct.2006, 07:25 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (jim747)
Ehh, I think it is supposed to represent Northern Lights if I remember correctly!

A frozen biccy for you (though EMS might wrestle you for it) - you can eat it when the thaw comes - in seven bloody months time...

Torque - have your try Popshop on the corner of E4:an and Kungsgatan
+
jim747
post 30.Oct.2006, 12:38 PM
Post #29

Torque - I was in Umeå in July and bought a plain black t-shirt with Umeå Regionen printed on it, I bought it in the tourist bureau in the center of town.

Loke - I'm heading to Umeå for a week in the first week of February, keep the biccy frozen till then, shouldn't be too difficult haha!! biggrin.gif

EMS - Wanna wrestle for a biccy? :shock:
+
*Torque*
post 30.Oct.2006, 03:23 PM
Post #30

Thanks guys, I'll pass these suggestions on to my shopper!
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: