The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Friday violence up in Stockholm

Suspected murder & knife attacks in the city.

Ivor stephé
post 27.Sep.2013, 05:11 PM
Post #1

Must be something in the air today, up in 08.
Suspected murders under the Sheraton hotel and stabbings in a popular shopping area in Medborgarplatsen.

http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/man-anha...ord_8559170.svd

http://www.svd.se/nyheter/inrikes/27-aring...ack_8558424.svd
Go to the top of the page
+
AgeOfReason
post 27.Sep.2013, 05:15 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 27.Sep.2013, 06:11 PM) *
in a popular shopping area in Medborgarplatsen.

Is It!, first I heard! biggrin.gif
+
Ivor stephé
post 27.Sep.2013, 05:25 PM
Post #3

I know there is a school just nearby and areas where many children play, mixed with a large shopping centre.
Such a shame that violence is continuing to spread like wild fire at the moment throughout Sweden. If its not a shooting its a stabbing in broad daylight! I expect that when we open the papers up tomorrow, we will see at least one story of more violence involving guns or knives.
+
Swati
post 27.Sep.2013, 06:50 PM
Post #4

make some friends. there should be a reason why u couldnt make any good friends locally
+
AgeOfReason
post 27.Sep.2013, 10:32 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 27.Sep.2013, 06:25 PM) *
I know there is a school just nearby and areas where many children play, mixed with a large shopping centre.

There are several schools and also many dagis, and it has been known for a long time that the area is full of drugs, people-traficking, youth problems and much more. Why don't you hear much about those things, well I can tell you it is because the 2 main political parties are after the middle-class vote, and the issues are swept under the rug. Just come here on a Friday/Saturday night and you will see just how many police hang around the streets, plus the public street patrol groups. What you claim is nothing!, and to be quite honest, this is life in the city it hasn't changed much it is just selectively reported more.

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 27.Sep.2013, 06:25 PM) *
Such a shame that violence is continuing to spread like wild fire

Elaborate, quantify, from where-to where, for a period of say the last 20 years just how you can justify the phrase spread like wildfire?
+
Ivor stephé
post 28.Sep.2013, 12:17 AM
Post #6

It's been a good twelve years since I have lived in Stockholm.

But having lived abroad, and come back to Sweden. The changes in violence are like night and day from when I was here last. As for reporting, a murder in the press was quite rare. Since A punch usually didn't do it. And normally people would get beat up by door staff. But today their is a shooting nearly every other day or some type of nasty violent crime or murder.
+
Seamus Sean
post 28.Sep.2013, 08:39 AM
Post #7

Should this rise in violent crime that greeted you on your return from your travels really have come as a shock?

It seems to be on the rise everywhere! Do you feel the police are losing the battle against the criminals?
Would you have any suggestions how the forces of law and order could be better prepared to take on the criminals?
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 28.Sep.2013, 03:54 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Ivor stephé @ 28.Sep.2013, 01:17 AM) *
It's been a good twelve years since I have lived in Stockholm.But having lived abroad, and come back to Sweden. The changes in violence are like night and day from when I ... (show full quote)

No, the changes aren't that big; it is just you getting old, spending time in front of TV, papers and internet instead of having fun.

In fact deadly violence has been decreasing the last 20 years. Some types of crimes are more common now than before, and some types are less common. Gun crime has increased, knife crime has decreased. Theft and robbery has decreased, sexual assault has increased. Murder has decreased. However, reporting by media and to the police has increased.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: