The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Departing from Stockholm.

*Mark Boy*
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:02 PM
Post #1

Well after weeks probably going into months of talking myself (Mark Boy) and Joakim have decided to throw in the towel and move away from Sweden,

I feel that being here has changed me and not all in the positive sense. As Joakim owns his apartment abviously he/we will always be able to come back and visit but I feel that being alone ALL day is certainly doing me a lot of damage, also all that Joakim and I have experienced it is definate that we have a strong relationship tongue.gif but I think we have to do this and not to tempt fate, if you know what I mean,

So, in late March we are going to head to Edinburgh!
Go to the top of the page
+
Benzed
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:07 PM
Post #2

This is a bit of a surprise. Hope you´re not too disconsolate Mark.
+
Aneud
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:08 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Mark Boy)
Well after weeks probably going into months of talking myself (Mark Boy) and Joakim have decided to throw in the towel and move away from Sweden,

I feel that being here has changed me and not all in the positive sense. As Joakim owns his apartment abviously he/we will always be able to come back and visit but I feel that being alone ALL day is certainly doing me a lot of damage, also all that Joakim and I have experienced it is definate that we have a strong relationship tongue.gif but I think we have to do this and not to tempt fate, if you know what I mean,

So, in late March we are going to head to Edinburgh!

OMG looks like everyone's leaving Sweden in March! That will make all those immigrant-haters happy... laugh.gif

On the serious side though, I was hoping I'd get to have a beer with you two and see that cute Ollie. Maybe when you visit. Good luck to you and congratulations for having made what is the right decision to you.
+
*David OL*
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:08 PM
Post #4

Hi MarkBoy. Well, there is a lot of this going around at the moment.

Perhaps we could all have a drink for you before you go?! tongue.gif
+
*The Teenage Diplomat*
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:09 PM
Post #5

Good luck!
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:09 PM
Post #6

is everyone leaving sweden now or what?? Will anybody be there next time I am up there :cry: :cry:
+
Alice Is Back
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:10 PM
Post #7

the only thing left will be refugees and moose at this rate
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:12 PM
Post #8

So what are you complaining about - they have more personality than the Swedes...

giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity :wink:
+
Straad
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:16 PM
Post #9

I dont know if it is just this weather.. but I too am considering packing it in, having worked 4 years then unemployed last 7 months, have had enough of hitting brick walls... So end of Feb I am off back to London...
+
*The Teenage Diplomat*
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:18 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Jason)
So what are you complaining about - they have more personality than the Swedes...

giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity :wink:

No Quagmires allowed tongue.gif
+
*Mark Boy*
post 23.Jan.2006, 02:20 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (David OL)
Hi MarkBoy. Well, there is a lot of this going around at the moment.

Perhaps we could all have a drink for you before you go?! tongue.gif

Jason that sounds like a plan and a good 1 at that,

It has been a tough year, I am not going to find it easy leaving Sweden but as a 32 year old and with NO employment now or what' appears to be the near future I have to think of what is best. Joakim is obviously disappointed with this decision but he knows exactly how unhappy I have become. Plus going from a once positive fun and light hearted person I have changed into someone that even I don't like when I look in the mirror, setting all the drama aside I am a social person both in professional and personal aspects and now I feel so contented being alone and have become comfortable hiding away! I NEED TO CHANGE THAT! :cry:
+
Thread Killer
post 23.Jan.2006, 04:31 PM
Post #12

Sorry your going mate, which part of Edinburgh are you considering?
+
*Carol*
post 23.Jan.2006, 04:41 PM
Post #13

Mark Boy--There are things I loved and things I hated about my time in Holland. I know I'd love to have an apartment to go back to there. I, too, finally gave up the unemployed life there, as it was limiting. Anyway, good choice re. Edinburgh. Gorgeous city. And hopefully free from any future acts of terrorism. I know that if I could "suddenly" go to live in Britain, being in London has lost some of its appeal, after the bombings there. Congratulations on moving forward. Good luck!
+
Wanna-be
post 23.Jan.2006, 04:46 PM
Post #14

Mark Boy

Well well, you too, our loss your gain. Good luck to you and I hope you find what your looking for and, be happy.

But I'm not surprised, it seems to be the trend at the moment, even my wife and I are really thinking of calling it a day here in Sweden. Will we miss it if it happens, not really. But after 20 + years here one is bound to feel something for the country. But for the life of me, can't put my finger on it at the moment. But this is not about me, its about you. Mark at no time during our discourse did I intend to insult or demean you and, believe it or not. I even have a better understanding of gays because of you, how's that even from me ? Good luck again and have a great life.

:twisted:
+
*Zara*
post 23.Jan.2006, 04:57 PM
Post #15

Hello Markboy

I hope you will still continue to contribue here. Why edinburgh? why not Ireland? but anyway I hope you will have a great life! and hopefully you will cheer up. You can always go to sweden for visit and remember the good times there smile.gif
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: