The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

new year in stockholm

Enastående
post 1.Dec.2005, 08:36 PM
Post #1

its my first year in stockholm andi will have a chance of witnessing the dwan of 1st jan 2006 in stockholm,
but i talked to a local who is in my school and she didnt tell me ne fascinating stories abt the new year ceebrations,
the only thing she mentioned was fireworks at Kungstragåarden, and that was it
:shock:

wow! i was expecting to listen ore from her but na!!
so can ne one else tells me where to be at the newyear night to see the best celebrations?
Go to the top of the page
+
Beth
post 1.Dec.2005, 08:41 PM
Post #2

I've only spent one new year's eve here in downtown stockholm --most often on the move.
anyway, i thought it was fabulous to be up around Mosebacke (near Slussen) overlooking the city...
you can see the entire skyline of stockholm into the northern burbs...and there are fireworks of all sorts going off as far as the eye can see...truly stunning. :!:
+
*Mark Boy*
post 2.Dec.2005, 10:31 AM
Post #3

Enastående, do what I did last New Years Eve, enjoy the view with the help of GIN & TONIC! laugh.gif

New Years Eve is great fun here in Stockholm!
+
Beth
post 2.Dec.2005, 10:52 AM
Post #4

Mark...how's your shopping trip?
Has your jacket found a pair of shoes?
+
*Mark Boy*
post 2.Dec.2005, 11:00 AM
Post #5

morning Beth, Joakim and I had such a great time in London, my new coat got some new friends from bags to sexy hot vests...(god I am so gay) laugh.gif also I did a little Christmas shopping for my family. Our hotel was in Notting Hill, great part of the city also great for spotting 'famous people' which I got very excited about laugh.gif Had coffee in Harrod's and pranced around Covent Garden, have you been to the London Eye, amazing view over Lonodon!!
+
Beth
post 2.Dec.2005, 11:34 AM
Post #6

Haven't been to the Eye...
who did you spot?
+
Beth
post 2.Dec.2005, 11:38 AM
Post #7

Enastående --sorry to divert from New Year's
But I do think the most magnificent thing to see is the view of the city from the heights of Söder. You can do it along the Montelius boardwalk (west of Slussen facing Kungsholmen) up on Skinnerviksparken (easy entry point Zinkensdamm) Mosebacke or Fjällgatan (Slussen) oh...and I would imagine from Fåfängen it should be stunning (high point eastern tip of Söder)

Happy New Year
Grått Nytt Hår :wink:
+
*Mark Boy*
post 2.Dec.2005, 11:43 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (BethD)
Haven't been to the Eye...
who did you spot?

Well I saw...Pam Ferris (Ma Larkin from Darling buds of May), Jeremy Clarkson (stood beside him in Sainsburys), Margaret Beckett and the leader of the SNP...I wonder if they recognized me! laugh.gif
+
Citrus
post 2.Dec.2005, 12:18 PM
Post #9

well anyone could see jeremy clarkson from miles away, with a head that size...

i would reccomend reservning a VERY pricy table for two at the Gondolen, which overlooks the slussen bridge and stockholm skyline. you'll be able to see ALL the firworks, while you toast with your girlfriend/boyfriend and sit back relx in perhaps one of the most exquisite restaurants in stockholm.
+
*Fidel Pastor*
post 4.Dec.2005, 02:19 PM
Post #10

Hej to everyone!

We are 5 spanish students who study in Dalarna. we are going to spend new years eve in stockholm, but we don't know any place where to go. If someone could tell me where to go I would appreciate it so much. If possible place where you can get in dressed up with jeans and sneakers. tack sa mycket.

Fidel
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: