The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

Sweden easier for students?

Beth
post 17.Feb.2006, 08:24 AM
Post #31

QUOTE (Fredde)
MEng (CivilIngegor) or MA Economics (Civilekonom)

i was under the impression that civilingenör=MSc (pretty much) and civilekonom= BA economics
Go to the top of the page
+
Alone_restless
post 26.May.2006, 05:43 PM
Post #32

what is the average expenses of a single person comes out..anyone knows ?
+
*Streja*
post 26.May.2006, 08:21 PM
Post #33

The term that stebro was talking about was semester in American English. It's called termin in Swedish so that's probably why vhy he used that word. smile.gif

There are only two semesters in Sweden. The spring semester and the fall semester. Most courses start with the fall semester but big unis tend to have starts in january as well.

I don't know if you are familiar with the university sites?

www.gu.se (Göteborg University)

www.uu.se (Uppsala University)

I have studied at both these unis and Uppsala has a more social life than Uppsala, but Göteborg has more students.
+
Sazzadur
post 26.May.2006, 08:32 PM
Post #34

I am an international student. I prefer sweden for its tution free education to other countries. If you want to do MBA in Sweden, I suggest to contact with Stockholm School of Economics, Jonköping univeristy but as a foreign student u need GMAT to get admission and Stockholm School of Economics is not free for education, its cost is huge. U can do executive MBA in Stockholm university.
Actually there are some programmes where Swedish universities want to emphasize on specific areas but overall programme is not good, although programme title name sounds great. You can see a nice artistic vessel, but if you open it, you will see nothing, then you will have to slap on your ass. I do not want to compare swedish education with UK education, I do not think that UK education is more specific and concrete. Anyway, I saw a programme in KTh that they would emphasize on IT management so that that course would be helpful to be a IT manager. When I started that programme, I was really disappointed, rubbish syllebus and containts but their title is good and charming, if u just see their title, you would feel excellent that you would learn special new, but if you start study you would realize you made a wrong decision and waste your valuable time and money.
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: