The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

My Story and My advice for Job hunting

Hope this helps.

mindi97
post 6.Dec.2010, 06:43 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Scotlandmac @ 6.Dec.2010, 06:33 PM) *
Ok before you miss understand, if you have not already. truck i svenska - folklift. And time consuming? You can get a truck kort in 5 hours and it costs 2600 kr with motiveria ... (show full quote)

i guess one also has to know the town well to start driving around? and how often do these ladies drive as opposed to the men?
Go to the top of the page
+
Scotlandmac
post 6.Dec.2010, 07:13 PM
Post #17

Folk lift you use in a terminal building, to move pallets etc. And its not so hard to use after some practise
+
*TheVirtuoso42*
post 6.Dec.2010, 09:03 PM
Post #18

I think if you are aggressive enough you can always get a job. You know, there are losers in life that get are discouraged and after getting slapped in their faces cower in corner waiting for luck to find them by itself. It doesn't happen, after you get kicked out by someone, you don't stop. Of course, its even better if you found your own business instead of simply searching for a jobr. I've did it, because I saw limitations (for instance, salary) and your business depends purely on you. But, if you would like to live an average life - job is just fine.
+
dafi
post 6.Dec.2010, 09:07 PM
Post #19

Good post! Can you recomend some good place where one can get this FOLKLIFT or TRUCKCARD in Gothenburg? And what exactly is the course called in swedish because I got too many irrelevant hits when I tried searching for the two qualifications above?

Thanks
+
Nuname
post 6.Dec.2010, 09:18 PM
Post #20

Good post OP.

Dafi, I searched truckkort on google and this came up
http://www.truckutbildarna.se/Start.html
+
mikewhite
post 6.Dec.2010, 09:39 PM
Post #21

Presume that's actually forklift !

Unless you go around carrying people wink.gif
+
dafi
post 6.Dec.2010, 09:44 PM
Post #22

Bra jobbat Nuname . that was fast!

Tack!
+
mjennin2
post 6.Dec.2010, 09:49 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (mikewhite @ 6.Dec.2010, 09:39 PM) *
Unless you go around carrying people wink.gif

Nah, that's the tax payer's job. Well, financially speaking, at least. wink.gif
+
Scotlandmac
post 7.Dec.2010, 04:33 AM
Post #24

http://www.motivera.com/

Biggerst and best in sweden, For forklift cards. English speaking teachers.
+
stmanpule
post 7.Dec.2010, 12:47 PM
Post #25

thatz a good post and nice advice for those of us planing coming to Sweden
+
Mmamma
post 7.Dec.2010, 08:21 PM
Post #26

just a point of correction..

not all africans are here because they travelled through 6 different countries, are given special treatment or whatever the hell ur narrow minded views are. Many are intelligent international students who have had good jobs like you and came here by choice. They are going through exactly what your going through with regards to job hunting with the added burden of silent racism to contend with.

just thought I'd mention and yea...Conrgrats on getting yourself a job!
+
Scotlandmac
post 8.Dec.2010, 04:20 AM
Post #27

Nothing to do with being racist, i have friends from africa. Im just making a very vaild point. But maybe your the type of person who looks for bad in everyone cause your bad yourself. Who knows? Your the one who said they travell through 6 different countrys to get here, unneeded detail is a sign of anger, so if your angry with them thats your problem. thanks.

And one more tip for everyone, don't just send away your CV, call people and let them ask you questions. Sweds love it
+
Mmamma
post 8.Dec.2010, 01:34 PM
Post #28

I guess you didnt read through all the replies , someone expanded on your insinuation and said africans and the like come here through six different counties..well i am saying THRY DONT. Secondly it is NOT valid point that all people from africa and the middle east have special treatment, only refugees have that.

great tips u gave though, just wanted to point out ur flawed post
+
PoJo
post 8.Dec.2010, 01:53 PM
Post #29

Great thread!

I know that there are a lot of people out there whose hopes are lost and have given up searching, even though they would like to stay and work here. I have been the kind of person who would get so disappointed after a negative reply and thought it was impossible sometimes. But somehow you have to struggle with your own thoughts to get where you want to be.
I searched for almost a year, checking almost everyday in the job sites, and above all everyone was telling me that it's impossible. But believe me, it's not. I have a job now, and even if I don't get the best salary right now and I have to wake up early and travel to another city, I'm really happy about it.

A word of advice: learn Swedish if you really want to integrate, Swedes really appreciate it and you will feel better in your workplace, whatever it will be.

Cheers!
+
nicedude
post 9.Dec.2010, 02:19 AM
Post #30

Hej my british friend,
how can you get this folklift license?I mean,did you pay it or Arbetsförmedlingen paid it?

Cheers and thanks for the useful information! wink.gif
+

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: