The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Moving fron Sweden to UK to study, September 2011

Help! desperate for accommodation in Cambridge

*Blue91*
post 17.Aug.2011, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Hi, I am moving to the UK to study Biomedical Science and I am desperately looking for accommodation in Cambridge. If anyone has any contacts or can help me find accommodation I would be very grateful. Student accommodation is not available anymore. Unfortunately I have no contacts in the UK and it has been an uphill task to try to secure anything.
Go to the top of the page
+
Pezah
post 18.Aug.2011, 07:38 AM
Post #2

Hej

I moved to Sweden from Cambridge!

Are you looking for your own place or a place to share? A good start would be here http://www.gumtree.com/flats-houses/cambridgeshire They have flats, rooms etc. Some are pretty reasonable. I can ask a few old contacts if they are aware of places. Does the university not help place you at all? Im pretty sure they have associations that can help at least with short term accommodation until you know your way about.
+
nk9009
post 29.Aug.2011, 12:30 PM
Post #3

Hi there,
I also moved from cambridge to gothemburg just last week..Sorry i haven't really got any contacts that could help you and i'm not sure if your there yet.. but i would say that it can be quite hard to find accomadation and you don't get much for your money unless you can share a house with a group of people.. and be careful on gumtree there are lots of cons, if it looks to good to be true it probally is..
If your still in Sweden try and google rightmove which is an estate agency where you can find flats etc... but i think you would have to pay 6 months rent upfront plus deposit...
If you have any other questions please ask..
good luck Neil
+
Linda Bliss
post 30.Aug.2011, 01:00 PM
Post #4

I moved to London from Sweden years ago and remember how difficult it is to get that first place to stay. I would start by checking if your university has an accommodation office. If not, then try gumtree, or perhaps easyroom mate
http://uk.easyroommate.com/east-anglia/cam...ridge-flatshare

good luck!
+
umf
post 30.Aug.2011, 08:12 PM
Post #5

Don't panic! It's perfectly possible to find accommodation in Cambridge. It's not like the Swedish student housing fiasco. You probably need a room in a shared house.

Are you at Cambridge University? If so, the accommodation service is here:

http://www.accommodation.cam.ac.uk/

Try also your college, dept, etc. Eg write to the secretary of your department and ask to send out a message on their email list asking if anyone knows of a room free in a nice house.

Will you be a student/graduate/something else?
+
*Seanna*
post 25.Mar.2014, 04:43 PM
Post #6

Here is a place where you can look for housing offerings, I hope that you find something here

www.adoos.com

Best luck and have a great time in the UK!!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: