The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Long Waiting Times For Permit

Migration Board is not considering any priority

samsid
post 8.Jul.2014, 10:44 AM
Post #1

Dear All,

I have received my residence & work permit, as I will be working with Roxtec International AB, based in Karlskrona, starting this August.

However, when I applied permit for my wife as a dependent (in the month of May 2014), the migration board says it may take up to 10 months for the permit to be issued. Also, they say that she cannot apply for any other visa like Tourist during this time.

This is really frustrating for both me & my wife.as we now have to be apart for almost 10 months.

I really appreciate if anyone has any suggestion considering this situation, please suggest any alternate way.

Best Regards,
Sam
Go to the top of the page
+
Swati
post 8.Jul.2014, 12:28 PM
Post #2

Thats really sad and its had is is happening to quiet many. From the shared experiences of others i can suggest you to call them on regular basis and also visiting migration board. Its quiet routine that case officers change on regular basis and some times if you dont remind them they dont give a shit. So call them, Email them and visit them and hopefully i am sure they will give a decision fast
+
samsid
post 8.Jul.2014, 12:45 PM
Post #3

Hi Swati,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Do you think the visiting them in person would help, when I am in Sweden? I spoke to Embassy in New Delhi, they also advised me to contact migration board, however, when I called them the customer service lady said she can't comment or assure, as its not in her hands.

Thanks,
Sameer
+
friendonlyyours
post 9.Jul.2014, 09:52 AM
Post #4

http://www.change.org/petitions/migrations...d-by-immigrants
+
samsid
post 9.Jul.2014, 01:45 PM
Post #5

Thanks for the link shared. I signed.

Really, I am suffering a lot because of this...
+
itsjustmedavid
post 9.Jul.2014, 02:35 PM
Post #6

Like someone else suggested, call them regularly and plead your case. When I had applied in 2008 they told my wife and I the same thing. I called them close to everyday. My permit got approved in 2 months.
+
Case officer
post 9.Jul.2014, 06:26 PM
Post #7

In other news, 32 000 asylum seekers came to Sweden in the first six months this year.
+
ikemun
post 9.Jul.2014, 09:22 PM
Post #8

Is it a good thing or bad regarding the previous months on asylum seekers
QUOTE (Case officer @ 9.Jul.2014, 05:26 PM) *
In other news, 32 000 asylum seekers came to Sweden in the first six months this year.
+
mjennin2
post 21.Jul.2015, 03:31 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Case officer @ 9.Jul.2014, 06:26 PM) *

There are so many things I want to say... but no matter how I try to justify my anger, I just sound like a heartless, self-centered, egotistical ass who thinks her misery is just as bad as people trying to escape with their lives.

There is just no way to win.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 22.Jul.2015, 12:36 AM
Post #10

+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: