The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Stockholm help?

*Lorenzo Roversi*
post 11.Oct.2005, 10:54 AM
Post #1

I am arriving in stockholm from the uk in the next few weeks. I was hoping someone would be able to recomend a sweidsh course, I have had lessons over here but need more.

Also any advice re: housing (I have somewhere to stay for a few weeks) job hunting and obtaining the personnumer without having a job would be appreciated.

L
Go to the top of the page
+
James Anderson
post 11.Oct.2005, 11:21 AM
Post #2

Lorenzo, u have done well!!By starting to learn the language before you get here is a big plus...u can check out SFI...for free classes!!Not always the best but a free program!!
Regarding your personbevis...its loads easier here than most places especially the uk.
Find your local tax office get a ticket and get interviewed!Take along all your identification and within 2 weeks sometimes less you will be sorted!!
Reagrding rent...not the easiest of things to sort out...it seems most foreigners have to subscribe to expensive websites to gain access to rental apartments!!
Re work...persevere...there is work, don't believe what u may have read in the media!!
Swedes are prone to being rather picky/lazy!!??
So as a hard working foreigner u shall succeed.
Good Luck
J
+
*Lorenzo Roversi*
post 11.Oct.2005, 11:26 AM
Post #3

Thanks for that james is there a web Address for SFI? also can you recomend any recrutment consultants, I curently am working with poolia, michael page and Hudson

Thanks
+
Michele
post 11.Oct.2005, 04:03 PM
Post #4

Each kommun has it's own seperate SFI office. Do you know what kommun in Stockholm you will be in? smile.gif If so, just check out that kommun's website and follow the adult education link.
+
koshka
post 15.Nov.2005, 01:08 PM
Post #5

If you've already taken some lessons then it might be worth giving ABF (Adult Education organisation) a go. I'd already taken evening classes at the University of Westminster in London so I'd covered quite a bit of grammar and wanted to concentrate on conversation. ABF offer study circles facilitated by a tutor. You can choose from a several levels and also choose courses that concentrate on writing, reading conversation or all three. I've tried three different classes so far and numbers normally range from 6-15. The classes aren't as intensive as SFI or FU so they're good if you have other commitments. Two of the classes that I have taken were 90 minutes a week for ten weeks and the other was five hours a week for five weeks (2 sessions per week). The cost is fairly cheap. 470kr for the ten week courses and 670kr for the five week course. The website is http://www.abf.se or int he case of my one http://www.abfstockholm.se
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: