The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Applying for master study in Sweden, Autumn 2013

Autumn 2013 admission university Sweden

sonnytytgat
post 20.Nov.2012, 11:22 AM
Post #1

Hello everyone

Is there anyone else applying for a master in Sweden?
Does anyone know what are the chances of getting accepted ?
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 20.Nov.2012, 07:08 PM
Post #2

Which courses? Which Universities?

At some they accept everyone who applies and can pay the fees whereas at others it is much more competitive
+
sonnytytgat
post 11.Dec.2012, 01:47 PM
Post #3

Hello

My first choice is Lund university
Second choice is Jönköping university
Third choice is Linköping
+
Max Reaver
post 18.Feb.2013, 05:03 PM
Post #4

Now you listed the school, what programs are you applying?

Your odds of getting admitted is not that obvious from the schools, although I'd say Jönköping is probably the least demanding.
+
nua86mashar
post 27.Feb.2013, 05:00 PM
Post #5

Is the selection procedure difficult for Skovde,uppsala and Linkoping in Masters Programm?
+
Coolrunnings
post 27.Feb.2013, 05:41 PM
Post #6

Does anyone know what are the chances of getting accepted ?

What a very smart question you ask OP... rolleyes.gif

If you're fron non-eu and paying tution then you don't have to worry about getting in.
+
skogsbo
post 27.Feb.2013, 05:44 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (sonnytytgat @ 20.Nov.2012, 11:22 AM) *
Hello everyone. Is there anyone else applying for a master in Sweden?. Does anyone know what are the chances of getting accepted ?

as a wannabee educated person, surely you must understand that for anyone to answer that they'll need to know, where you are now, the uni, what course, etc. otherwise we're guessing.
+
nua86mashar
post 27.Feb.2013, 06:18 PM
Post #8

Is the selection procedure difficult for Skovde,uppsala and Linkoping in Masters Program?
+
johnjohn
post 27.Feb.2013, 06:48 PM
Post #9

A Rhodes scholar apparently.
+
nua86mashar
post 28.Feb.2013, 03:40 AM
Post #10

Is the selection procedure difficult for Skovde,uppsala and Linkoping in Masters Program?
+
sonnytytgat
post 28.Feb.2013, 10:04 AM
Post #11

Obviously i know that my question was to broad but it was just my intention to start of this topic and hear other people who are currently applying as well.
So to be clear, i am belgian student who recently graduated his bachelor degree in international management. Before that i completed a bachelor degree in economics. My grades are good for a Belgian student (average 14.4 / 20). During my studies i went on Erasmus to Madrid (Universidad Europea de Madrid) to study there for a semester.

I now have applied for a master at Jönköping University. My first choice is the master managing in a global context and my second choice is master in international marketing. I received a merrit rating for both of 888 / 999.

So any one else applying for a master next year in Sweden ?
+
cdiamond
post 17.Mar.2013, 06:41 PM
Post #12

Hi everyone,

I'm a final year bachelors student from the UK, and I've applied for a Masters Programme in international & comparative education at Stockholm Uni, so expecting the results back in a couple of weeks!

Just wondering if anyones status has not changed on universityadmissions.se? Mine has just said 'in progress' for the past couple of months, and I've no idea if merit ratings are even applicable to my course, but I haven't got one anyway.

Also in hindsight, I've read about some people having their qualification translated/converted to Swedish qualifications before submitting them...I didn't do this...I assumed that the universities themselves would have their own methods of converting foreign grades to make them comparable? Or should I actually have had my grades converted to Swedish equivalents?

I've sent an email off to Stockholm Uni. about this next question, but I thought some of you might have more direct experience of applying for bachelors courses/programs:
As my back up, I'm going to apply to read Engelska I in the Spring application window, (combination of linguistics and literature, standard first term of a B.A. in English from what I've read). Now, my swedish is limited, conversational at best, and all the information about this course seems to be in Swedish, and the application is only via the Swedish antagning.se portal, as opposed to the universityadmissions.se portal - leads me to the question - is it a programme aimed at/primarily for Swedes? Or would other native English speakers be eligible?

Secondly, for anyone with experience of applying for bachelor studies in Sweden from the UK, have you had to convert your GCSE/A-Level grades, or is it fine to simply submit those grade certificates as they are, in their UK-grade format?

Thanks in advance!
+
mago2
post 19.Mar.2013, 06:53 PM
Post #13

Hi there,

also a student from the UK, on my last semester of LLB programme, applied to Lund&Uppsala for International Taxation. Got merit 'conditionally qualified' and ranked 600/999 and 900/999. Not exactly sure if it's good? I'm aiming to graduate with a high 2.1 or even 1st class degree, but my ranking for Lund (my 1st choice) doesn't seem as impressive as I'd expect it sad.gif
+
leyland
post 19.Mar.2013, 10:27 PM
Post #14

@mago2 : 600/999 doesn't literally mean u have 399 people in front of you but that u have 600 points. they might change, ur application could go back to ''in progress'' like mine did. there have been reported cases when people with less than 100 got in so keep calm...there is really no way to tell at this point considering these numbers.
+
nickachu
post 21.Mar.2013, 12:29 PM
Post #15

Got rejected for my no 1 course sad.gif
When the requirements said it needs a masters in kemiteknik, I have a masters in kemiteknik, which is annoying. Qualified for my 2nd choice but only with 142/999 so not holding out too much hope!
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: