The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Money transfer from US to SE

Freelance earnings

kempyyyy
post 17.Oct.2018, 12:17 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I recently moved in Gothenburg and I have a freelance job and I am earning USD for it. I am paid every 2 weeks in that freelancing and I plan to send my USD to my SEB account on a regular 2 week basis. Will this cause an issue with SEB? I am also currently working here in Gothenburg and have a personummer.
Go to the top of the page
+
gsurya
post 18.Oct.2018, 03:23 AM
Post #2

SEB wont care, but you must report the income to the tax authorities as income and pay taxes in Sweden for them.
+
yet another brit
post 18.Oct.2018, 02:28 PM
Post #3

More strictly, the bank is obliged to (and will) report individual transactions over 150 kSEK. These then appear on your tax declaration along with an "invitation" to explain where they came from.

You could create a Swedish corporate entity, and have that entity invoice the US client. Then you will have more control about how to disburse and tax the money in Sweden. Otherwise - if you are resident in Sweden - you'll be required to pay full employers tax (which does include a bit of pension, mind)
+
kempyyyy
post 18.Oct.2018, 08:56 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (yet another brit @ 18.Oct.2018, 09:28 PM) *
More strictly, the bank is obliged to (and will) report individual transactions over 150 kSEK. These then appear on your tax declaration along with an "invitation" t ... (show full quote)

I am a temporary resident on a work permit and I plan to be permanent resident eventually, so the ideal thing is to create Swedish corporate entity? How would that affect my current employment? I'm working as a full time IT consultant.
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: