The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Stockholm living prices.. Heeelp

*Alef*
post 5.Feb.2006, 05:26 PM
Post #1

hi friends..
i plan to move to sweden-area of Stockholm - 15/20 by bus/train- no further..

*i was offered a 2 bed room- inside a 3 room villa (incl. water -gas-electr) for 500$ per month )4000SEK..)
is it good price? or better look for a diffrent appartment to rent?

* how much it will cost to get to Stockholm every day- and back- for a month?

*what are the costs per monts-if i buy food in supermarket..not restaurnts.

*and...is there a problem getting vegeterian food? smile.gif

thank you
Go to the top of the page
+
Beth
post 5.Feb.2006, 07:03 PM
Post #2

hi alef

a two-bedroom flat(or even a one-bedroom) within a house (if iunderstand correctly) for 4000 a month is an excellent deal.

public transportation costs 600 a month (30 day period) unlimited...everywhere within SL (huge area)

vegetarian food is readily available. hard to estimate monthly cost but 1000-1500 if you are careful-- isn't unreasonable (and eat at home) especially since you won't be buying meat.

hope that answers your questions reasonably.
Beth
+
*Mark Boy*
post 5.Feb.2006, 07:25 PM
Post #3

hej, I am Mark. 4000kr is a great price for accommodation. As the lovely Beth has said travel is 600kr per month and to me Stockholm has 1 of the best public transport systems I have used. Food is a mixture of prices, some things are expensive and some are very well priced. I find that an unhealthy choice of food is usually quite expensive ie bread can cost up to £2.00 per loaf. My boyfriend and I spend around 3000kr per month and that includes daily purchases such as milk and fresh fruit!

Eating out is a luxury as I find Stockholm hugely expensive, my boyfriend and I eat fresh food (no frozen crap) every night.
Also booze is another expensive luxury but Joakim and I usually place alcohol on the necessity shopping list next to Clinique face mask! :oops:

Also I am huge fan of movies, 1 thing I hate about Sweden is the price of seeing a movie at the Cinema...RIP OFF!

I imagine that you will find things different living here as the months go on either way, enjoy and welcome!

Mark x

[img]http://www.websmileys.com/sm/angels/teu37.gif[/img]
+
*Alef*
post 5.Feb.2006, 08:45 PM
Post #4

very much
+
*Alef*
post 5.Feb.2006, 09:09 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Alef)

*i was offered a 2 bed room- inside a 3 room villa (incl. water -gas-electr) for 500$ per month )4000SEK..)
is it good price? or better look for a diffrent appartment to rent?

thank you

oops.. -its not 2 bed rrom.. it is a room- within a house- but its one room (with 2 beds)..
and each one of the 2 persons- pays 500$.. .
its one big house for 6 ppl..with 3 rooms..
so the real question is- can my friend and i can find normal (not shoe box size) house.. that including gas/elect/water that cost less then 1000$ (about 7700SEK i think)
+
Beth
post 5.Feb.2006, 09:13 PM
Post #6

one room sharing all other facilities (bathroom, living room, kitchen) at 4000 is pricy in my opinion.

if you are willing to just rent the room, you can find more affordable deals (inneboende = renting a room within someone's home/apartment)
+
Sweet As Man
post 5.Feb.2006, 10:58 PM
Post #7

Your accommodation sounds expensive... you can get a good size apartment for 7700kr (not a house ok, an apartment)

Look on http://www.blocket.se/li?q=&ca=11_s&am...mp;w=1&st=a bytes means swap or exchange, so skip those ones...

My partner and I spend 2400 at the supermarket (includes bread and milk etc) and we eat out about once every two weeks (500kr each time) or we just go for pizza (75kr inlcuding salad and drinks).

We spend about 1400kr per month in fixed expenses - telephone, moblie phone, broadband internet, UPC digital tv and electricity.

Heating and water are included in the rent which is normal for sweden. We have a laundry in the basement which is shared and storage space in the attic which is also pretty normal.

We live very cheaply by stockholm standards and out total monthly costs are around 10 000kr per month (we have very cheap rent - 2000kr).

Good luck, start looking for an apartment asap as they go pretty quickly, especially hte good ones!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: