The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Finding a job in Sweden only with English

is it possible

Svedallas
post 25.Oct.2017, 01:13 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 21.Oct.2017, 07:49 PM) *
What a load of crap. The Swedes are probably the most tolerant people in the world but when their country is swamped with illiterate Somalians and fanatic arab muslims that ju ... (show full quote)

Very true.
But this has been the same problem for many years. The only thing is the Arab muslims are far more than there ever has been...and with all the idle time they have, all they do is get into crime.
Go to the top of the page
+
rex
post 29.Oct.2017, 10:39 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (Svedallas @ 25.Oct.2017, 01:13 PM) *
Very true.But this has been the same problem for many years. The only thing is the Arab muslims are far more than there ever has been...and with all the idle time they have, a ... (show full quote)

The only truism here is that you're a racist who probably doesn't know a single person from the Middle East, wherever the fuck you're supposed to live.
+
Svedallas
post 30.Oct.2017, 03:54 PM
Post #18

QUOTE (rex @ 29.Oct.2017, 10:39 PM) *
The only truism here is that you're a racist who probably doesn't know a single person from the Middle East, wherever the fuck you're supposed to live.

Not a racist. Realist. Big difference...
Are you here to defend the middle east?

Wrong forum.
+
intrepidfox
post 30.Oct.2017, 09:00 PM
Post #19

QUOTE (rex @ 29.Oct.2017, 10:39 PM) *

The racist word is used to exctinction. The facts are that Somalians, Arabs are the cause of all gang crimes and shootings here. Most do not work and will not work.

Sweden has been destroyed because of you left wing wankers
+
Cheeseroller
post 31.Oct.2017, 01:09 AM
Post #20

Next time Expressen or Aftondagbladet publishes an article on the top tax payers in Sweden, complete with name and addresses, look for the foreign names. Then you will understand the glass ceilings that exist even for white European, highly educated foreigners in this country.
+
SwediePie
post 30.Sep.2018, 06:33 PM
Post #21

There are a lot of companies that will hire you if you don't speak Swedish, but the majority of companies in Sweden still require (or strongly prefer) that you you speak Swedish.

It's a waste of time applying to jobs that list Swedish as a requirement, so you're better off directly targeting the companies/roles that don't list it as a requirement.

Here's an article that goes over which companies will and won't hire you in Sweden if you don't speak Swedish: http://thelagompursuit.se/where-to-find-a-...eaking-swedish/
+
SmokerT69
post 1.Oct.2018, 11:22 AM
Post #22

It took me over a year to find work, and it's not full time. Whenever they have work for me, I work. It's been around 40-50 hours a week, but only around 2 weeks a month. I speak basic swedish and french, and English is my mother tounge. To be fair, I've noticed the people I work with and our employers normally prefer to deal with me, being British. The Swedes normally always strike up a conversation with me and the people who hire us tend to come to me to pass on orders. On a few occasions people will just treat me like one of the Swedes, but once they notice I'm British, it seems I'm the center point of communication. Especially if the employers are German or other Europeans. Where as they tend to shun the eastern Europeans and arabs/Africans.
+
ehsabd
post 2.Apr.2019, 10:54 AM
Post #23

QUOTE (flaneur @ 23.Oct.2017, 09:14 PM) *
It depends on you. Some people can’t find jobs in their native language, not to mention in Swedish. Some people can’t find a job even if you tell them where to look for it.

I guess this is a good answer. The language is important but it's not the only factor. Your skills and the way you search for the job is important too.
+
DuneSunny
post 2.Apr.2019, 12:55 PM
Post #24

All I see is that the professional requirements are increasing but the salaries are not compared to other countries. I recently had a friend who applied to be a journalist assistant to a print journalist who was being posted to Stockholm for one of the big German Newspapers. The requirement was that you should be a trained print journalist and fluent in German and Swedish and if possible a basic knowledge of English as well and have a minimum of 5 years work experience. They ticked all of the boxes and had 10 years work experience. Then another candidate applied, who could do all of the above, plus they were trained in both print and media journalism and were also fluent in Finish and Danish, i.e. could speak 5 languages write reports in all of the languages as well as stand before a TV camera and report in all 5 languages fluently. This candidate got the job. The salary, SEK 25,000/month! Hardly worth it for all of that experience.
+
Svedallas
post 22.Apr.2019, 01:43 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (DuneSunny @ 2.Apr.2019, 01:55 PM) *
All I see is that the professional requirements are increasing but the salaries are not compared to other countries. I recently had a friend who applied to be a journalist ass ... (show full quote)

This is the point.
If you can only offer English, when Swedes can also speak and write perfect English, you are not really offering anything at all. Also, Swedes are always going to be preferred, because this is, SWEDEN!

The only exception is 1. if you have a very impressive background, working minimum 5 years at a globally known company...otherwise, you are at the bottom of the pile.
I dont even believe that going to top grad schools can make that much of a difference.
2. If you have been in Sweden for at least 10+ years and understand Sweden work culture.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: