The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Tuition fees for international program

exemption from paying tuition fees

giroud
post 3.Apr.2015, 03:56 AM
Post #1

hey guys!
I currently have a residence permit for reasons other than studies and i have been admitted to liu university, but the permit will expire before I am finished with my 3 years programme. Will I needed to pay tuition fees?
Go to the top of the page
+
Hisingen
post 4.Apr.2015, 10:14 AM
Post #2

At a guess, it will depend upon what those other reasons are, which you omit to mention, perhaps for personal reasons.

Therefore it is doubtful if even the best barrack room lawyers on here can assist you without the facts.
+
giroud
post 6.Apr.2015, 01:25 AM
Post #3

thank you for the reply
i have two years sambo visa(and we hv got a kid with my g.f here in sweden) which will expire on november.and the program will start august.
+
doremi11
post 23.Apr.2015, 12:40 PM
Post #4

I'm in a similar position and according to University Admissions FAQs...

"What if I currently have a residence permit for reasons other than studies, but the permit will expire before I am finished with my course or programme. Will I have to pay tuition fees?

Answer
You should contact the university where you have been admitted or are currently studying. The university will determine if you are required to pay tuition fees based on current regulations regarding fees and the information you provide to them."

And I've also contacted Migrationsverket and they also prompted me to do the same which is contact the university in question.
+
giroud
post 14.May.2015, 02:57 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (doremi11 @ 23.Apr.2015, 11:40 AM) *
I'm in a similar position and according to University Admissions FAQs..."What if I currently have a residence permit for reasons other than studies, but the permit wi ... (show full quote)

hej
i talked to admission service.they sayed no problem with that unless you have problem in extension of your permit.because you need to extend your permit 30 days before your current one expire,and it take one week if you apply online.
+
Ayrah
post 24.Mar.2017, 05:05 PM
Post #6

Hi

Glad too see this thread.
I am in the same boat. I have residence permit for other reasons (residence permit amd work permit as spouse visa). I applied for masters at KTH and got conditionally admitted.

My visa will expire on 24th april.
I also saw same case with residence permit but have to pay fee.

Anyone help me out.
+
Case officer
post 24.Mar.2017, 07:04 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Ayrah @ 24.Mar.2017, 05:05 PM) *
Anyone help me out.

https://www.universityadmissions.se/en/All-...equired-to-pay/
+
Ayrah
post 24.Mar.2017, 10:50 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Case officer @ 24.Mar.2017, 07:04 PM) *

Thank you
But I have seen everything before application deadline and upload every supported documents.

A moment ago i saw a question on universityadmissions.se

https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/my...on-1-i-tjansten

And

https://www.universityadmissions.se/intl/my...ould-i-send-in/

So I uploaded supporting document today. Will this effect my application decision status?
+
good_luck_1
post 5.Apr.2017, 10:29 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Ayrah @ 24.Mar.2017, 04:05 PM) *
HiGlad too see this thread.I am in the same boat. I have residence permit for other reasons (residence permit amd work permit as spouse visa). I applied for masters at KTH an ... (show full quote)

Well I was in such situation, you need to show your residence card in the university to study for free, I was waiting for the prolongation of the sambo permit. But then it means that if you currently have no residence card you pay tuition fees as a foreigner.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: