The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

How should Sweden reward Tegnell?

For his amazing service to the nation

skogsbo
post 22.Apr.2020, 06:06 PM
Post #31

I'd just wait. Why won't figures pick up again when Norway etc come out of lock down, the end result might be the same?
Go to the top of the page
+
Rita O.
post 22.Apr.2020, 06:07 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (skogsbo @ 22.Apr.2020, 04:59 PM) *
Maybe there is more than one right, there are also several various strains, some more lethal than others. Personally I think just in fighting it, all methods are likely right. ... (show full quote)

I'm sure there is more than 1 truth, I agree with you about this. Or perhaps there's no truth at all, and things will simply go as they have to go.

This being said, the whole point of this thread is to decide whether Tegnell should be rewarded and how.
You say yourself that the Swedish government brings in experts, each in their own field of expertise, and clearly takes their opinions and advices in high consideration. The same, it seems, do the people. So how can an exquisitely medical concern be responsibility of a government? It's obvious politicians adjust their choices as depending on the info they get from experts.

I've just read the interview of Tegnell on Nature, where he's already starting to say, I quote from memory, that the problems in aged people homes are under investigation, since "somebody must have done wrong". Oh, really? And what, pray tell, could they do right if the only recommendation was to not accept visitors? No protection prescription, no tests for the workers, no oxygen - or little -outside hospitals?

Since the Swedes have been kindly asked to follow the rules and please gather in 49 but not 50, very soon YOU will be held responsible for the deaths.

Sorry, I didn't want to sound rude. You can blame my isolated nerves, if you wish. wink.gif
+
Essingen55
post 22.Apr.2020, 06:09 PM
Post #33

I'd just wait. Why won't figures pick up again when Norway etc come out of lock down, the end result might be the same?

They could do that, Finland's figures jumped quite a lot yesterday when they reported the virus in care homes. But the gap is getting so great that the jumps would have to be huge and with effective testing and quarantine of any new cases (as Sweden did in the very beginning) any resurgences could probably be dealt with.
+
skogsbo
post 22.Apr.2020, 06:20 PM
Post #34

+
Rita O.
post 22.Apr.2020, 06:43 PM
Post #35

+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 22.Apr.2020, 07:19 PM
Post #36

I repeat: The lawsuits for this horror will be uncountable...

Perhaps rightly so...
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 22.Apr.2020, 08:07 PM
Post #37

Regarding my last post I have previously hinted that free democratic societies do not easily take orders restricting what they deem as their rights...

Sweden may have been swayed by this...

Again these types of lawsuits are being filed as we write...in America...

Anyone remember when seatbelts became mandatory???
+
yonisan
post 23.Apr.2020, 06:37 AM
Post #38

I saw yesterday that CV19 will potentially / probably stimulate a famine pandemic - the terms used by the press is very strong at this time. When I read this I think that it puts everything in to perspective:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/202...world-must-act/

I wonder if the politicians will only sit up and notice again if it comes to their doorsteps?

I do not know what will be the outcome of Sweden's approach but it looks to me like the world is having to balance a set of scales. I very much hope that here in Sweden we have gotten the balance right - we won't know this sadly for a very very long time.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 23.Apr.2020, 05:55 PM
Post #39

Over here some meat processing plants have closed down and tons of produce is rotting away...

I wonder what a hamburger on lettuce/tomato will cost in a few months...that is if you can get one...

Sweden may be "righter" than we think...
+
Rita O.
post 23.Apr.2020, 09:07 PM
Post #40

I don't think any individual strategy will prove better or worse in terms of famine. After all, not many countries are totally self sufficient in terms of food, which means we must find a common solution.
I don't think the USA will ever be short on food; in fact, western countries produce too much and consume too much.
No, the problem isn't us, really, but lands and communities that already know poverty, wars, lack of water and food, lack of medicines, all made more extreme by a pandemic, and the sudden cut on international aid and exchanges.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 24.Apr.2020, 01:44 PM
Post #41

It is amazing the number of people who have contracted the virus without symptoms or harm...

There must be a reason that we can use for others not so fortunate...

The number crunchers are now saying that the death ratio is significantly because of that...
+
Rita O.
post 24.Apr.2020, 03:40 PM
Post #42

QUOTE (Gamla H?lsingebock @ 24.Apr.2020, 02:44 PM) *
It is amazing the number of people who have contracted the virus without symptoms or harm...There must be a reason that we can use for others not so fortunate...The number cru ... (show full quote)

Well, it's been over a month now since we were all aware that the death ratio must be much lower, since not even a well organized system like that of South Korea can possibly test its entire population in a short time. It's nothing new.
Also, from the very beginning there's been large debate whether a person had died from the virus of with the virus.
In short, it's almost impossible to determine the death ratio at this point, and I doubt we will be 100% certain in the future either, unless we want to go dig out thousands of graves and do an autopsy.

An even less exact figure is derived from the proportion of deaths among the officially infected, since many are not and possibly will never be tested.

And yet, it seems to me 9 pages of obituaries in a local newspaper that usually doesn't fill a half speaks for itself.

Nevertheless, the above does not lessen the importance of a large number of asymptomatics. In fact, it's very good news.
+
yonisan
post 25.Apr.2020, 09:51 AM
Post #43

Not so NYT published an article last week (now updated) on missing deaths whereby it stated Sweden and now this week Belgium are the most accurate.

So even though there is a delay in deaths in this country at least they are reporting efficiently and are able to determine and be transaparent about the real loss. So many other countries are ignoring deaths in hospitals or deaths where a patient has died from a stroke but had CV19 virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/04...ing-deaths.html

Additionally there are the studies of the different levels of virility of each strain of the known virus

https://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/covid-1...andemic-origins

Haven't you noticed that the only politicians blaming other countries are those who are just trying to defer criticim of their strategies probably because they are up for relection soon or want to distract their citizens.
+
cootje1976
post 26.Apr.2020, 10:20 AM
Post #44

+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 26.Apr.2020, 02:44 PM
Post #45

Great guy, too bad he is gone, he knows how to describe us as we really are laugh.gif
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: