The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Life insurance wasn't paid by employer

Any actions to take before the WP extension?

avalanche
post 7.Oct.2019, 02:22 PM
Post #1

Hi,
So, it happened: my employer found out that my life insurance (livförsäkring) wasn't paid for almost a year because they changed the insurance company, and didn't know that I was supposed to fill an extra form to get insured. It's my first WP.
My contract started in December 2018, the WP was granted in March 2019.

I realize this can be a reason for rejection when applying for the WP extension. However, is there anything I can do now - besides getting life insurance from October 2019?

E.g. get a written explanation from the employer why that happened and that it wasn't my fault? Change job and employer before my current WP expires so that it won't count as an extension but a new WP application (although I assume it may be a reason for a PR rejection after 4 years anyway)? Get ready for the deportation, seek a new job in another country and move out?

Sambo, marriage etc is not my case, unfortunately. Entrepreneur visa, consultancy - too, I am afraid.
Go to the top of the page
+
champaignepapi
post 23.Oct.2019, 11:54 AM
Post #2

QUOTE (avalanche @ 7.Oct.2019, 03:22 PM) *
E.g. get a written explanation from the employer why that happened and that it wasn't my fault?

The tricky part is, apparently, it was your fault.
According to the Swedish migration agency (lol)'s website, you should've made sure that you've got all the insurances covered.

https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Pri...-extension.html

Move away from this hell.
+
dr_MadGeek
post 24.Oct.2019, 04:00 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (avalanche @ 7.Oct.2019, 02:22 PM) *
Hi, So, it happened: my employer found out that my life insurance (livförsäkring) wasn't paid for almost a year because they changed the insurance company, and didn' ... (show full quote)

Your employer can get it fixed retrospectively. I believe you are not applying for an extension anytime soon so there should not be a problem. Problem arises if MV finds out before it has been fixed. May be ask someone who had been in this situation but I read it on this forum somewhere when people got things fixed retrospectively.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 24.Oct.2019, 08:26 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (avalanche @ 7.Oct.2019, 03:22 PM) *
Hi, So, it happened: my employer found out that my life insurance (livförsäkring) wasn't paid for almost a year because they changed the insurance company, and didn' ... (show full quote)

Fascinating how all these "world-class peerless in demand everywhere cutting edge" competencies and employers can't figure out how to fill out a form and how to do basic due dilligence, isn't it?
+
Saywhatwhat
post 24.Oct.2019, 09:04 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 24.Oct.2019, 09:26 AM) *
Fascinating how all these "world-class peerless in demand everywhere cutting edge" competencies and employers can't figure out how to fill out a form and how to ... (show full quote)

Not fascinating nor a surprise. The employers, as you call out, are Swedish. They have a cultural tradition of dropping the ball.
+
champaignepapi
post 24.Oct.2019, 09:27 AM
Post #6

May I say that Swedish employers have been amazingly fair to me, all these years. I've changed several jobs due to boredom lol and I have NEVER been offered a salary that's lower than at least 15% above the standard according to the collective agreement.

However, I was once offered the starting salary for a position that requires team-leading by a typical middle eastern CEO, who naturally overcompensates his inferiority complex of being an immigrant by using Louis Vuitton keychain lmao. That was not an option.

So yeah...anyway, Swedish employers can be good.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 24.Oct.2019, 04:34 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (champaignepapi @ 24.Oct.2019, 10:27 AM) *
May I say that Swedish employers have been amazingly fair to me, all these years. I've changed several jobs due to boredom lol and I have NEVER been offered a salary that& ... (show full quote)

A Louis Vuitton keychain is more Louis Vuitton than I’d ever need.

Did he even have a key attached to it?

What’s your story papi? Where u from? Why you in sweden? What do you do? Feel free to share as much or as little as you want.

Besos
+
Gjeebes
post 24.Oct.2019, 07:39 PM
Post #8

"Fascinating how all these "world-class peerless in demand everywhere cutting edge" competencies and employers can't figure out how to fill out a form and how to do basic due dilligence, isn't it?"

No.

And.

You are easily fascinated...you should probably get out more, or, at least move out of mommy's basement.
+
champaignepapi
post 25.Oct.2019, 01:10 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 24.Oct.2019, 05:34 PM) *
A Louis Vuitton keychain is more Louis Vuitton than I’d ever need. Did he even have a key attached to it?What’s your story papi? Where u from? Why you in sweden? What do y ... (show full quote)

How 'bout I take you out for a beer? Or a spin? Oh wait, everything closes at 5 PM in the big city. Guess we gotta keep it platonic then.

Bissous.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: