The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Where can I get my ipod fixed in Stockholm?

Swe64
post 8.Aug.2006, 08:30 AM
Post #1

I think it needs a new battery. I have bought a new battery on Ebay but I can't put it in myself. Is there somewhere I could take it where they would do this for me? I tried the Apple shop on Birger Jarlsgatan but they couldn't help.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Go to the top of the page
+
Gower76
post 8.Aug.2006, 08:39 AM
Post #2

There's another Apple shop in Västermalmsgallerian, at Fridhemsplan - you could try that too.

Although I thought you had to send your iPod off somewhere if there was something wrong with it?
+
*Move*
post 8.Aug.2006, 09:22 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Swe64)
I think it needs a new battery. I have bought a new battery on Ebay but I can't put it in myself. Is there somewhere I could take it where they would do this for me? I tried the Apple shop on Birger Jarlsgatan but they couldn't help.

Any help would be much appreciated!

hope this help

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1835128,00.asp
+
Cj Love Almqvist
post 27.Aug.2006, 08:19 PM
Post #4

I just found this site as I need it too:
www.apple.com/se/buy/locator

I have to take mine in for repair (under warranty-it's less than 6 months). Nothing in the instructions ever said "cannot be laundered"!
:oops: ohmy.gif sad.gif
+
Tallcanuck
post 27.Aug.2006, 09:00 PM
Post #5

The Stockholm Apple Stores probably don't repair in-house. I expect they send everything to the Authorized Repair Center, which is in Sodermalm:

LAN-MASTER AB: http://www.lan-master.se/
+
Cj Love Almqvist
post 29.Aug.2006, 10:32 AM
Post #6

The shop in Malmö told me they send them to Ireland or the Netherlands, and never to an apple factory. I suspect the new one comes from these locations and the one I brought in goes into the dustbin in the shop (hopefully into the battery recycling bin!). Overall much more reasonable than what I read on apple's (american) website. Telling that I couldn't get it engraved, as this happens only at an apple factory. He told me the serial number is registered world-wide for possible return if found... biggrin.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: