The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

Is impossible to find a qualified job here?

My GF doesn't find a job

Gjeebes
post 11.Nov.2017, 03:56 PM
Post #31

Not so fast Cheesey! Come January, we are outta here!
Go to the top of the page
+
Svedallas
post 11.Nov.2017, 05:02 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 11.Nov.2017, 03:56 PM) *

Germany or Denmark??
+
Svedallas
post 11.Nov.2017, 05:11 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 10.Nov.2017, 10:41 PM) *
"In this report the Swedish National Board of Trade focuses on the situation of EU citizens who want to move and work in Sweden. While in many ways, it is easy to live in ... (show full quote)

This report should be pinned at the top of "Jobs" and "Life in Sweden"...
+
rex
post 11.Nov.2017, 06:50 PM
Post #34

One constructive suggestion.

Get her a social security number and send her to the Swedish courses. They usually take time but are worth it since nowadays that's how Swedes separate good from bad foreigners (the first step on the ladder). Or she could just get lucky with the perfect job where she is the perfect and absolutely outstanding candidate, my best bet would be with highly diverse international companies. It happens on occasion but only in some very specific fields, but maybe her field isn't like that. The old-style Swedish companies will most likely not hire her even if she knew Swedish, prospective employers here are highly nepotistic, which creates more problems for foreigners (but also even for the locals).

Check around the university for organizations that try to help academics and people with high education, you might get lucky there as well.

If we're being realistic, most foreigners in Sweden even the highly educated work jobs, for which they are overqualified, I think it's something above 70 percent, compared to less than 30 percent for the ethnic Swedes.
+
StuntUya
post 13.Nov.2017, 06:42 PM
Post #35

Where I'm from, I'd visit a witchdoctor and get cleansed, your girlfriend's ancestors don't want her to prosper fam,

my advice...hold a ceremony, brew some beer and consult a seer and find out what sort of bad juju is going on
+
Bsmith
post 13.Nov.2017, 06:54 PM
Post #36

Du-u-u-u-ude...
+
Cheeseroller
post 13.Nov.2017, 06:58 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 11.Nov.2017, 03:56 PM) *

LOL! Well, good for you! Come February it will be 4 years for us and life is fun again.
+
StuntUya
post 13.Nov.2017, 07:00 PM
Post #38

Hahaha, I'm just saying though, people often dispute/dismiss that which they can't understand, as someone whose own father spent a substantial portion of his salary dabbling in the occult just so that I couldn't(wouldn't? I don't know the right syntax) get job, I know better than most how "artificially created" bad karma can stand in the way of your life,

However, maybe you're looking at your situation a bit to linearly...
with the kind of qualifications she has, she should at least be getting freelance work or other gigs which can help pay the bills why she learns the language and builds up her network, have you tried that?
+
Gjeebes
post 14.Nov.2017, 06:53 AM
Post #39

"I know better than most how "artificially created" bad karma can stand in the way..."

Well, is it "bad karma" (dude) or is it that your belief system keeps you prisoner?
+
StuntUya
post 14.Nov.2017, 07:32 AM
Post #40

We're all a prisoner of something isn't it? Still, I've realised because humanity itself is predicated on the ideals of believing in something, your belief systems will somehow always make sense to you, never mind how illogical it may seem...

..case in point, if OP were to hold a ceremony to cleanse his bad juju, it'd probably not work for him, if I were to do the same, it'd probably work for me.

It's all about perspective

PS: Trust me, I know how crazy all this sh*t sounds, I know, I'm an accountant, I believe in logic, but logic starts to seem a bit unfulfilling once you've seen a person's limb regrown in front of your own eyes.

Back to the story at hand, OP's girlfriend is too good for this nation, spread your wings elsewhere mate
+
Gjeebes
post 14.Nov.2017, 12:39 PM
Post #41

" but logic starts to seem a bit unfulfilling once you've seen a person's limb regrown in front of your own eyes."

Haha, sure...or it could just be down to all those hallucinogens ingested prior to said "ceremony".

Psychosomatic medicine is where it all began.

Don Juan, if you are really into this shit, you will love Castaneda.
+
Tenacious185
post 14.Nov.2017, 12:57 PM
Post #42

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 14.Nov.2017, 12:39 PM) *
Haha, sure...or it could just be down to all those hallucinogens ingested prior to said "ceremony".

Unless he was at the aquarium. Starfish are ace at that "spontaneous limb regeneration" stuff.

Of course it can take up to a year, so it would be a damn long ceremony.
+
john.boy
post 15.Nov.2017, 06:53 PM
Post #43

QUOTE (Lix018 @ 7.Nov.2017, 06:00 PM) *
1. She is overqualified (WTF?).. 2. They have promote someone from inside the company.. 3. No reasons, they just not "invite" her to the final interview.

Speaking as an employer, nothing listed is unique to Sweden:

1. Why would I employ someone who is over qualified, it costs money and time to find a new employee. The risk is that an over qualified person will leave the first chance they got a better job that suited them more. She obviously did not convince the company that this was the only job for her, and the only company for her.

2. Standard practice in many companies. You want to fill a position with an internal candidate but Corporate policy says alternatives must be considered. Advertise, go through the motions, reject all candidates and tell internal HR/Executive, no good external candidate found best take the internal one. There are other variations of the same theme with regards increasing budget only if trying to recruit external.

3. They found a candidate they preferred. Ego aside, it does happen.
+
Gjeebes
post 17.Nov.2017, 06:40 AM
Post #44

"She obviously did not convince the company that this was the only job for her, and the only company for her."

This is an interesting point. And it is a point taken, but wouldn't it be a foolish thing to say, really, that company X with position Y is the only place for worker Z?

I suppose it depends on the company, the work sector, the prospects of career development and many other things. But does anyone really find that one single workplace, where they expect to spent their last day as an employee?

And I understand when hiring, the employer wants to be confident the person will stay, but at the same time, it just doesn't seem realistic. And if I was listening to someone telling me this is the "one" place where they want to remain, forever, I would tend to think it is a load of shite!
+
Cheeseroller
post 17.Nov.2017, 09:46 AM
Post #45

Personally, as an employer, if someone was over qualified but willing to do the job, I'd give them serious consideration. What I want are people with the willingness to shine and ability to develop within the company. I'd rather hire someone at a lower level, feed them some additional projects and observe their performance, than hire an unknown at a higher salary with associated risk.

If the situation were reversed, I would not be adverse to getting my feet in the door so that I can show what I am capable of - providing there is scope for advancement later. If a company is expanding, there will be roles to fill.

People tend to leave companies because their feel undervalued, rather than underpaid. Maslow's "hierarchy of needs" has not yet been discredited as far as I know.
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: