The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

How long for a reply after job offer?

Long process in sweden?

Arietis
post 15.Jan.2018, 07:52 PM
Post #1

Hi guys,

From what I can tell from searching the forum, the recruitment process in Sweden is pretty slow compared to the UK. Which matches my experience so far, applied for my dream job back in October, offered phone interview early December, went well, heard back a week later that they wanted me to attend a second interview in person. So flew over to Sweden from UK to attend an interview in person. Again went well and they said I'd hear back in a couple of weeks after the new year.

Had a follow up call which suggested I had the job and we spoke about salary and how they thought I was a good fit for the role. I asked for an email with all the info on so I could read and get back to them. Later that day I got the email with an attached job offer. All sounded perfect so I replied and said I would accept the offer and asked what happens next... that was almost a week ago? Is it normal for this to be so slow after an offer? I want to contact them again to ask if things are moving on, if I am still being offered the role but I don't know how that comes across in Sweden?(I.e being pushy etc) but it is my DREAM job so I really dont want to have got this far and then fail sad.gif

Thanks for any info.
Go to the top of the page
+
hatim
post 27.Mar.2018, 05:53 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Arietis @ 15.Jan.2018, 08:52 PM) *
Hi guys,From what I can tell from searching the forum, the recruitment process in Sweden is pretty slow compared to the UK. Which matches my experience so far, applied for my ... (show full quote)

Sounds strange. If you got an offer and you replied then some one one ask for your start date and get the papers ready. It seems that your email never got to them. It could also be that they concluded the recruitment process with another candidate while you were in the process of replying.

It does sound rather unprofessional to have no followups. Was it a recruitment agency involved?
+
john.boy
post 27.Mar.2018, 11:31 PM
Post #3

You are being impatient. They sent you an offer, they want you. If they did not then they would not have sent an offer. Remember, this time of year many are on/off work going skiing, plus Easter vacations are starting. In addition to that, sometimes processes are slowed down if the company has a collective agreement with a Trade Union, since those often include Union approval for the contract/salary. Again, the union rep might also be off right now.

Give them a call innocently asking if they received your acceptance of the offer and if they acknowledge that they did, what are the next steps. If you have a notice period in your current role, then happen to remind them of that so you can get as early a start as possible with your dream employer wink.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: