The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

Stop deporting skilled migrants, The Local reports

So is this what a skilled migrant does

Uncle Fred
post 16.Feb.2018, 05:37 PM
Post #1

So is this what a skilled migrant does.
Attached Image

This is a door hanger on a car production line and this is what The Local calls a skilled migrant.
Can you believe The Local wants you to pay for this.
Go to the top of the page
+
intrepidfox
post 16.Feb.2018, 06:32 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Uncle Fred @ 16.Feb.2018, 05:37 PM) *
So is this what a skilled migrant does.. This is a door hanger on a car production line and this is what The Local calls a skilled migrant.. Can you believe The Local wants you to pay for this.

Funny enough, Volvo requires technical educated people to work on the production line these days. It is such a boring simple job that anybody could do it
+
gsurya
post 16.Feb.2018, 11:37 PM
Post #3

Every country that needs its economy to remain competitive, needs skilled immigrants. Else if you remain inward looking and have a closed doors policy, you will deteriorate and fail as a country.

Thats the simple reality of the global market today, so get with it, instead of whining about it.
+
mjennin2
post 17.Feb.2018, 07:49 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 16.Feb.2018, 06:32 PM) *
Funny enough, Volvo requires technical educated people to work on the production line these days. It is such a boring simple job that anybody could do it

My best friend has no technical degree, she's a hairdresser here. But when she got pregnant, she wanted to lock in a higher mammapeng payout, so she took a production line job at Volvo. Practically doubled her salary and benefits, and believe me when I say she doesn't have any background or degree relevant to the job blink.gif
+
Uncle Fred
post 17.Feb.2018, 10:14 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (gsurya @ 16.Feb.2018, 11:37 PM) *
Every country that needs its economy to remain competitive, needs skilled immigrants. Else if you remain inward looking and have a closed doors policy, you will deteriorate an ... (show full quote)

No one is saying a country doesn't needs skilled immigrants.
But the guy in the picture is NOT doing a skilled job, immigrant or not.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 17.Feb.2018, 11:46 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Uncle Fred @ 17.Feb.2018, 10:14 AM) *
No one is saying a country doesn't needs skilled immigrants.. But the guy in the picture is NOT doing a skilled job, immigrant or not.

Maybe they are using the term, “skilled” loosely. You need some skill to tie your shoes or brush your teeth. ;p Am I right??? Especially after 1 too many drinks!! ;p
+
Uncle Fred
post 17.Feb.2018, 12:09 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 17.Feb.2018, 11:46 AM) *
Maybe they are using the term, “skilled” loosely. You need some skill to tie your shoes or brush your teeth. ;p Am I right??? Especially after 1 too many drinks!! ;p

If this is the case, the report should say "stop deporting skilled migrants".
+
Bsmith
post 17.Feb.2018, 12:39 PM
Post #8

First off, there is dignity in all work. Better to actually earn your keep than to sponge off the state. Secondly, all jobs require some degree of skill. Even flipping burgers at McDs requires some knowledge. Obviously some jobs require more than others and the pay should reflect that. Finally, earning a college degree does not always equate intelligence. I've met some pretty sharp people who had little or no formal education.
+
Uncle Fred
post 17.Feb.2018, 12:47 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 17.Feb.2018, 12:39 PM) *
First off, there is dignity in all work. Better to actually earn your keep than to sponge off the state. Secondly, all jobs require some degree of skill. Even flipping burg ... (show full quote)

You are right. But I refer to what The Local has reported regarding what it sees as skilled migrants.
The Local show a picture of a semi skilled worker which does not need to be a migrant
The report refers to skilled migrants, so what is a skilled migrant and why does Sweden need them when unemployment still stands at an unacceptable level.
+
Bsmith
post 17.Feb.2018, 02:35 PM
Post #10

I agree with you there. Why import migrants to do take a job away from a Swede? Now, if the migrant has a specific skill or knowledge that would make him or her useful to Sweden, that seems logical.

When you are choosing up team members to play a game of basketball, you choose the players most likely to benefit the team, don't you?
+
intrepidfox
post 17.Feb.2018, 03:11 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 17.Feb.2018, 02:35 PM) *
I agree with you there. Why import migrants to do take a job away from a Swede? Now, if the migrant has a specific skill or knowledge that would make him or her useful to Sweden, that seems logical.

I agree. The politicians keep on screaming about jobs that nobody can fill. Why don´t they then educate the unemployed to fill these jobs. Simple.
+
Uncle Fred
post 17.Feb.2018, 03:23 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 17.Feb.2018, 03:11 PM) *
I agree. The politicians keep on screaming about jobs that nobody can fill. Why don´t they then educate the unemployed to fill these jobs. Simple.

At last some one with some savvy. You know they pay millions to Politian's to think of this, you are obviously highly skilled apply for their jobs now.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 17.Feb.2018, 03:28 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (intrepidfox @ 17.Feb.2018, 03:11 PM) *

Right!? Why don’t the politicians/ unemployment agency/ various factories get together and work on an education program for low skilled workers. They must have some kind of job education programs?? If anything, it has people learning some skill or going to school rather than just picking up a government check.

This might be totally different, or it may be in play in sweden already, but I know grocery stores used to hire a lot of mentally disabled folks to be cashiers and baggers.
+
intrepidfox
post 17.Feb.2018, 04:14 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 17.Feb.2018, 03:28 PM) *
Right!? Why don’t the politicians/ unemployment agency/ various factories get together and work on an education program for low skilled workers. They must have some kind ... (show full quote)

I do not know why. The government tried to get the major companies to take in trainees but if i remember correctly 200 people got places when the aim was 10,000.

Arbetsförmedlingen have many courses but many do not lead to jobs. What is needed in my opinion is a lowering of the pension age so that more youngster have a chance to get a job. Financially it would be worth it as the amount of time and money spend on these youths probably far excedes the cost of a state pension
+
Uncle Fred
post 17.Feb.2018, 05:01 PM
Post #15

So all this goes back to WHY does Sweden need skilled migrants.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: