The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

Stop deporting skilled migrants, The Local reports

So is this what a skilled migrant does

nativeswedishengineer
post 18.Feb.2018, 03:29 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (gsurya @ 18.Feb.2018, 12:58 PM) *
It depends on what skills a country lacks! A lot of Americans and Europeans work in India in managerial positions today - obviously they will work in India only if the sal ... (show full quote)

That is because there is a hard yearly salary floor of 25k usd for a work permit to India. Set the wage floor as low (relatively) as it is in Sweden and I promise you that India will overflow with desperate Rohingyas, Nepalese and Bhutanese.

Have you asked the peoples of the US/Europe if they want curry eating wage pirates who despite allegedly being from countries who dominate the world scientifically, still have not mastered things like sewers and basic sanitation.
Go to the top of the page
+
gsurya
post 18.Feb.2018, 04:19 PM
Post #32

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 18.Feb.2018, 03:29 PM) *
That is because there is a hard yearly salary floor of 25k usd for a work permit to India. Set the wage floor as low (relatively) as it is in Sweden and I promise you that Ind ... (show full quote)

We already DO have a lot of Nepalese, Bangladeshis & Bhutanese, and more recently Rohingyas too. India has been the melting pot of refugees for very long. We are a curry of different cultures over generations.

By the way, I was hired by my Swedish employer as the highest paid consultant on his team. So much for being a "wage pirate" laugh.gif

And its true, India has a long way to go to fix its basic systems, no illusions about that.

Fact is, SweNazis are a small rabid minority only whining on forums like this, the Swedes I meet in real life are all tolerant, friendly and inclusive.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 18.Feb.2018, 04:23 PM
Post #33

QUOTE (gsurya @ 18.Feb.2018, 04:19 PM) *
We already DO have a lot of Nepalese, Bangladeshis & Bhutanese, and more recently Rohingyas too. India has been the melting pot of refugees for very long. We are a curry ... (show full quote)

So out of a team earning on average 18000 you were hired for 22000 per month?
+
Uncle Fred
post 18.Feb.2018, 06:07 PM
Post #34

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 18.Feb.2018, 12:56 PM) *
Skilled engineers in the british automotive industry? No one has taken the brittish automotive industry seriously since the 1970s.

Seems you know very little about the British automotive industry or nothing at all. An industry that built 1,722,698 vehicles and exported 1,354,216 in 2016 with an expected rise in 2017.
An industry this size needs a considerable amount of engineers, wouldn't you say.
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 18.Feb.2018, 08:00 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (Uncle Fred @ 18.Feb.2018, 06:07 PM) *
Seems you know very little about the British automotive industry or nothing at all. An industry that built 1,722,698 vehicles and exported 1,354,216 in 2016 with an expected r ... (show full quote)

How much of that is British buttonmashers, implementing German/French/Japanese designs and monitoring German equipment?
+
Uncle Fred
post 18.Feb.2018, 11:43 PM
Post #36

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 18.Feb.2018, 08:00 PM) *
How much of that is British buttonmashers, implementing German/French/Japanese designs and monitoring German equipment?

You are really embarrassing yourself now, UK automotive companies were the first to adopt APQP which was developed by General Motors, Ford, Chrysler in the 1980's.
It was given the international ISO technical specification ISO/TS 16949. British engineers were using this system well before any German, French and Japanese companies had even heard of it.
Today all automotive companies use it to some form or another.
I could roll on about PFMEA, FMEA, SPC, MSA and PPAP, but I don't have all day.
I can also tell you that there British engineers working in Germany, Italy, Spain, France as well as China. Everything from product design to quality engineering.
So please don't come up with another lot of tosh when you don't know what you are talking about.
+
Cheeseroller
post 19.Feb.2018, 02:13 AM
Post #37

With all due respect gsurya, you probably don't know that the Swedes you meet in real life are all tolerant, friendly and inclusive. This is a face they all use. Give them a few beers and you may hear something different. The acid test of acceptance, is when a Swede invites you to their home. However, expect a meagre meal and that they will have hidden the best booze.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 19.Feb.2018, 02:25 AM
Post #38

Ouch!!!

You must be talking about those, southerners!!! laugh.gif
+
gsurya
post 19.Feb.2018, 07:39 AM
Post #39

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 18.Feb.2018, 04:23 PM) *
So out of a team earning on average 18000 you were hired for 22000 per month?

You wish biggrin.gif I make 50K plus. Should be 60K in a couple of years. I create work for Swedish citizens, in Sweden, so you guys should be a bit more grateful to us "skilled immigrants".
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 19.Feb.2018, 08:33 AM
Post #40

QUOTE (gsurya @ 19.Feb.2018, 07:39 AM) *
You wish biggrin.gif I make 50K plus. Should be 60K in a couple of years. I create work for Swedish citizens, in Sweden, so you guys should be a bit more grateful to us "skilled immigrants".

Yeah, right, And I have 4 Turing awards and 2 Fields medals.
+
gsurya
post 19.Feb.2018, 09:15 AM
Post #41

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 19.Feb.2018, 02:13 AM) *
With all due respect gsurya, you probably don't know that the Swedes you meet in real life are all tolerant, friendly and inclusive. This is a face they all use. Give them ... (show full quote)

I know what you mean, but I am not too much of an extrovert myself, so I fit in perfectly here. I like keeping to myself, have a small group of friends, my main interests are in nature, travel and photography and a good work-life balance.

Live and Let live is what most Swedes follow and I like that.
+
Bsmith
post 19.Feb.2018, 12:46 PM
Post #42

QUOTE (Cheeseroller @ 19.Feb.2018, 02:13 AM) *
Give them a few beers and you may hear something different. The acid test of acceptance, is when a Swede invites you to their home. However, expect a meagre meal and that they ... (show full quote)

I shudder to remember being invited to a Swedish house to enjoy a meal of beet soup. The crap tasted like old dishwater. Trying to be a good guest, with great effort I choked it down. When the host saw that I had finished my meal, she exclaimed, "Oh, I see you enjoyed my soup" and she refilled my bowl!
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: