The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Buying Property outside Gothenburg

Small Holding - Småbruk

Cymro
post 20.Jun.2016, 01:03 AM
Post #1

I am moving from Wales to Sweden and intend to buy a house with a little land (small farm), within approx 70 to 80 kilometres - 40 - 50 minutes travelling time/drive to & from Gothenburg, or Sahlgrenska Huvudentré to be exact.

As I am not familiar with the area in question, would somebody please be able to help with some place names that fit the bill, so that I can search them on-line ? takk for det smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
yet another brit
post 20.Jun.2016, 09:48 AM
Post #2

Have a look on hemnet - select (for example) Västra Götalands län and "gårdar", and that will show you all the farms for sale in the county. It may be that the land is, or could be, sublet to someone else so you could (effectively) buy a farmhouse and the land near it. Else search with "tomtarea" and find places with massive gardens. The rule of thumb might turn out to be that the further inland, the cheaper.

As to where exactly...well, most places with huge amounts of land will be in the middle of nowhere. Unless you look straight north of Gothenburg on the coast then in my (relatively limited) experience of that part of world, there isn't that much to separate places. The distance to civilisation may be more of a factor than how civilised it is.

I guess it depends on which direction you are coming from, but if you are unlucky then 20 mins of your allocated 40 are also likely to be spent stuck in traffic on the way into Gothenburg.
+
skogsbo
post 21.Jun.2016, 06:59 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Cymro @ 20.Jun.2016, 01:03 AM) *
I am moving from Wales to Sweden and intend to buy a house with a little land (small farm), within approx 70 to 80 kilometres - 40 - 50 minutes travelling time/drive to &am ... (show full quote)

you need to get onto the farm and forestry websites
http://www.lrfkonsult.se/varatjanster/fast...9/0/10000000/0/
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=k%C3...20bondg%C3%A5rd

no point in trying to use place names, better to do it by kommune, as most farms will be named after a 2 house village etc..

I'd suggest you get some help, unless you are familiar with land and forestry soyou can translate a forest survey, so you pay a far price. If you are in the catchment of Gothenburg it won't be cheap. 50-60,000kr/hectare is the rough rate for farm and forest, although it is going up. There will be various bits of tax to consider, it's rateable value etc.. Also unless you are cash buyer, banks have a certain way of estimating what they'll loan against on forest etc..
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: