The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Sending party invitations with sms

Bishop Conkers
post 27.Jul.2006, 12:12 PM
Post #1

A few years ago I was using a sms sending service called MTNSMS.com, but I remember that it got pulled for some reason.
I want to send invitations to a crayfish party via sms, but my phone is a pain and I had to send the invitations in three separate messages, as I could only insert 10 names at a time.

Does anyone know of an online sms sending service that actually works.

I found a few, but they all want me to sign up other people or buy credits at about the same price as it costs to send an sms to begin with...

So I guess my question is... any tips. Free is nice, but I don't mind paying for a serious service, just want to avoid the scammers..

Conkers.
Go to the top of the page
+
Aneud
post 27.Jul.2006, 12:30 PM
Post #2

Bad news. None works that I know of and when we were still LDR I wasted a couple of days researching it seriously. The only one that works somewhat is Yahoo but mainly for the States. I guess you're better off using your regular cell. Ah and where's Trollheim? smile.gif
+
Tuaman
post 27.Jul.2006, 12:37 PM
Post #3

you can get sms editors for your pc, that will allow you to construct the message using a text editor on your computre and add recipients from an address book, then send via your cellphone.
+
Bishop Conkers
post 27.Jul.2006, 01:14 PM
Post #4

Thanks for that...

Trollhiem.. never heard of it ;-)

Trollhättan on the other hand is 45 minutes (69km) NE of Gothenburg on road 45.

Mike
+
Thepartygirl
post 27.Jul.2006, 01:49 PM
Post #5

Most phone operators like tre.se have a online members page where you can send SMS and emails on the web via your phone. I can even hear my voice message via quicktime if my phone is switched off.
+
Bishop Conkers
post 27.Jul.2006, 02:09 PM
Post #6

Good tip... tre is my operator, so I will check that out...

Thanks.
+
Bishop Conkers
post 27.Jul.2006, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Hmmm.. I went into Mitt3 page and logged on, luckily I remembered my password... but I couldn't see anywhere there to send sms from...
Do you know where I can find the service..?

Conk
+
TheExpatEagle
post 26.Apr.2019, 06:35 PM
Post #8

Just use Google Messages, their SMS app which you can link to a web browser and type on computer.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: