The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Resident permit

Lucian Sandoiu
post 1.Jun.2007, 01:50 PM
Post #1
Joined: 12.Apr.2007

Hi everybody!
Question: Family, 3 members (2 adults & child), 50,000 Euro in a Bank account. Can I take the resident permit for one year in Sweden?
Thank you!
Go to the top of the page
post 1.Jun.2007, 02:27 PM
Post #2
Joined: 1.Dec.2005

Good question. Not sure.

''As of 30 April 2006 EU/EEA citizens and their family members no longer need residence permits for staying in Sweden for more than three months. EU/EEA citizens shall instead register their right of residence and family members who are not EU/EEA citizens shall apply for residence cards.''

Under EU section.

Anyone know for sure?
Go to the top of the page
post 2.Jun.2007, 07:48 AM
Post #3
Location: Dalarna
Joined: 5.Apr.2006

According to the link you must be an employee/business owner/ student or have sufficient funs so I think that you need to be self supporting though if you do not have to have a job. The big question is how much do Migrationsverket regard as being self supporting. For single people and students it is around 7500 per month. You coul e-mail Migrationsverket and ask them how much for a family.

What you could possibly do is to move here and immediately seek work. I doubt it 50K Euros will be enough for a whole year as it is only 4000 euros/month. However you might be able to manage for 4-6 months if you can find reasonabley priced accomodation. If one of you could find work before the money runs out then you would have a much better chance. You may (I'm not 100% sure) be eligible for child benefit in Sweden which is 950 kronor/month.

I assume that you are moving from within the EU. If you are receiving any benefits - for example - unemployment etc if may be possible to transfer these.
Go to the top of the page
post 2.Jun.2007, 09:25 AM
Post #4
Joined: 2.Nov.2005

I doubt it 50K Euros will be enough for a whole year as it is only 4000 euros/month.


I think the money is ok but I have a question.

Why do you want to take your saved 50K Euros and move to sweden for a year? It will likely be hard to find a job and then what after a year? It sounds like you just want to hang out for a year and then return home. I can think of a cheaper vacation.
Go to the top of the page
post 2.Jun.2007, 09:43 AM
Post #5
Joined: 2.Feb.2007

To add to what Puffin has said, they are not allowed to ask you for bank statements or anything to prove your finances if you are coming from the EU. You will just not be elligable for social support when you arrive until you start paying into the local system (unless you are transferring benefits from your original Member State - which is covered by secondary EU legislation).
Go to the top of the page

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: