The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Extend student permit

Traveling while waiting for visa extension result

kitty
post 17.Oct.2019, 04:23 PM
Post #1

Does anyone know what is the consequences of traveling to other schengen countries while waiting for visa extension decision (if current visa is already expired and waiting for the visa extension result)?
Go to the top of the page
+
gsurya
post 18.Oct.2019, 03:22 AM
Post #2

If you are stopped by a border control / immigration officer in the other country, then you are definitely in for trouble, as your Schengen visa is not valid.

If you are checked when returning back into Sweden, then it is up to luck, as the language is ambiguous - sometimes they will allow you, sometimes may detain you for checks.
+
champaignepapi
post 18.Oct.2019, 07:40 AM
Post #3

I think it really depends.
Four and a half years ago, when I was still waiting for an extension, I went with some friends to USA and when I came back to Stockholm, they just let me in without any questions even though I didn't have any valid permit with me. But then 2 years ago, I went to Italy to visit a friend of mine living there, and they wanted to see my Swedish residence permit at Malpensa airport in Milano on my way back to Sweden, even though it's EU, so it really depends on how lucky you are. smile.gif
+
kitty
post 18.Oct.2019, 09:17 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (champaignepapi @ 18.Oct.2019, 07:40 AM) *
I think it really depends. Four and a half years ago, when I was still waiting for an extension, I went with some friends to USA and when I came back to Stockholm, they just l ... (show full quote)

But how did you come back then from Italy to Sweden? Or at that time you had valid permit?
+
kitty
post 18.Oct.2019, 09:19 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (gsurya @ 18.Oct.2019, 03:22 AM) *
If you are stopped by a border control / immigration officer in the other country, then you are definitely in for trouble, as your Schengen visa is not valid.If you are checke ... (show full quote)

Thank you so much for your response. Do you know what kind of consequences would I face? Like fines, ban from schengen countries or deportation ?
+
champaignepapi
post 18.Oct.2019, 09:28 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (kitty @ 18.Oct.2019, 10:17 AM) *
But how did you come back then from Italy to Sweden? Or at that time you had valid permit?

When I was on that trip to Italy, I had a valid permit, I was just giving you an example on how it all depends on luck. When I went to an EU country they asked to see my permit (only then though, usually they don't), but when I was coming back from USA (which has nothing to do with EU), nobody asked me anything...

Police officers (or whatever they are) working at Arlanda can always check your immigration status and if you're waiting for an extension of your residence permit, you are legally allowed to be in Sweden, so they would most likely let you in, unless they are retarded, which is also most likely.
+
Panika
post 18.Oct.2019, 09:39 AM
Post #7

it also depends if you need visa for schengen in general or not. In my case I don't need visa for traveling inside of schengen for 90 days. Because of work i will be required to travel in November while waiting for work visa extension.

I called MV and they told me if i have biometric pass and i applied for an extension before my visa expired than there is no problem for me to travel in EU. Border police said the same since they see MV data. Have your case number with you and old card.
+
kitty
post 18.Oct.2019, 04:52 PM
Post #8

thank you so much everyone. well I need a visa to travel within schengen area. ><
+

Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: