The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Want to purchase a commercial property (bostadrät)

Is there a website or a company to view or contact

beanjeanie
post 16.Aug.2012, 09:28 AM
Post #1

Hi localer,
Do you know if a website similar to hemnet.se but for commercial properties in Stockholm exist?
Can you purchase commercial properties here in Sweden? I have not seen too many for sale in blocket.se.

It looks like most commercial properties (shops etc) are owned by the co-ops (ie HSB or Brostaden )
I am looking at the option of purchasing a commercial property for business instead of renting.
Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 16.Aug.2012, 09:48 AM
Post #2

There is plenty of commercial space for sale in Stockholm area, look for example here:

http://www.objektvision.se/

The reason why you see properties being owned by real estate holding/development companies is that in today's world it makes much more sense to lease the space - why would you want to tie up your capital in bricks rather than in developing your actual business?

~~~PDX~~~~
+
beanjeanie
post 16.Aug.2012, 10:21 AM
Post #3

Great website PDX. This will keep me busy for quite awhile.
I am just trying to see what investment opportunities are out there.
There are other reasons why it would be advantageous to buy considering
the interest rate is about 3-4%. Leaving capital growth aside, the gross rental yield for commercial properties could be up to 10% or even higher. I am pretty sure the same issues that we are facing as tenants trying to find a rental property here in Sweden will be the same issues with businesses that want to rent. I have no doubt that there will be opportunities out there in this market where you will yield those returns (that is if the bank is willing to lent you the money and if you have a good deposit in place). The commercial rents here in Stockholm is quite high (call it lack of available real estate to rent) and i feel that many small business owners are just seeing it through.
+
Yorkshireman
post 16.Aug.2012, 11:33 AM
Post #4

If You just look at office space in Stockholm You will see that the current prime yield is around 4.7%, 10yr average is 5.2% and 20yr average is around 5.5%, and there is currently around 10% vacancy rate which is around average for Stockholm.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: