The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Tuition Transfer Issue

Swedish letter

markmk
post 12.Apr.2018, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Hi guys!

I'm having an issue with tuition. Since I don't own a swedish bank account, I wanted to bank transfer to pay my tuition. However, my bank doesn't allow me to type "ö" in any of their text boxes? Do I just replace it with "o"?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page
+
Scottish
post 12.Apr.2018, 01:56 PM
Post #2

WHere does the Ö comes from in the invoice you got...is it a name of a school or is it some notation or something...

Also i believe your invoice from your school contains an account number for the school in question and also some sequence of numbers they called OCR. The must important payment or naming identity when paying is the account number and the OCR. ensure it is correct with what that gave you. The OCR is unique for you alone and when they receive the payment they can map it with your name.
+
markmk
post 12.Apr.2018, 02:17 PM
Post #3

Thanks!

The ö is from following:

Beneficiary:
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan

Address:
Universitetsförvaltningen
S-100 44 STOCKHOLM
Sverige

I do have an invoice number, which serves the purpose of identification according to KTH. Can I just use o instead of ö? My bank insists on having the address and Beneficiary name all in English, which doesn't allow ö. I understood only account number and swift code actually matter, but their spelling requirement made this really confusing.
+
Scottish
post 12.Apr.2018, 02:43 PM
Post #4

Sure you can use o instead of ö.
+
Silberfüchschen
post 12.Apr.2018, 02:46 PM
Post #5

Why not use the English name "KTH Royal Institute of Technology"?
+
markmk
post 12.Apr.2018, 03:52 PM
Post #6

KTH listed their Swedish name on the invoice I received. I figured that I'm obligated to use whatever name they used. I was also trying to get an official answer from them, but no staff at KTH ever answered my phone call.
+
TLSucks
post 13.Apr.2018, 04:36 PM
Post #7

International translation for Å,Ä,Ö in official papers like passports etc. is AA,AE,OE.
+
markmk
post 17.Apr.2018, 04:45 AM
Post #8

Thanks for your help! I wasn't able to get an official answer from the school or the bank, so I paid by a master card with a little more fees.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: