The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Studying finance part-time

after getting a masters degree in science

good_luck_1
post 31.Mar.2017, 09:36 AM
Post #1

Hello,

Maybe someone has some experience or knowledge about such:

I would like to study finance from scratch to get a basis for studying financial risk management later. I got my Master of science degree in Sweden (lots of math courses). I do have a work in engineering, therefore I can only study evening time or online.

I did my research at "antagning.se" but there were nearly no options there. Maybe I can get some separate courses but not the whole finance degree, not sure who to ask about this.

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page
+
good_luck_1
post 26.Jul.2017, 12:43 PM
Post #2

Anyone?
+
riemann
post 26.Jul.2017, 08:42 PM
Post #3

You need to be a lot more specific on your background. Risk management is a pretty saturated field and there is a lot of competition for jobs (from people with an actual proper background for the job). If you want to work as a risk quant in a bank you will need the equivalent of at least a masters in mathematical finance that has good alumni connections with big banks and has many big banks on campus recruiting. There has been an explosion of masters in financial engineering/mathematical finance type programmes in the past ten years so the field is really truly saturated with talent and if you don't come from a big name school and have connections in the industry it can be incredibly cutthroat to try to break-in.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: