The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >   Reply to this topic

Swede convicted in US on terror charges

Al Qaeda member of Lebanese origin

Citrixme
post 13.May.2009, 11:48 PM
Post #46

OBS where is mine @Agreed with Citrixme (good comment). @
Go to the top of the page
+
taytelbaum
post 14.May.2009, 12:14 AM
Post #47

yeah... Let's go to stoning! (The Jerusalem Post.)
+
CJBM
post 14.May.2009, 01:17 AM
Post #48

I wonder: how big is the Al Qaeda chapter he set up in Sweden before leaving for the US?
+
Greg in Canada
post 14.May.2009, 02:24 AM
Post #49

This guy is a Swede for convenience but not part of the society. That's what you get with a liberal immigration policy. He's not the only one in Sweden. We have a lot of these assholes in Canada also. It's much easier to travel the world on a Swedish or Canadian passport than from one from Lebanon.
Maybe the real criminals are the idiot politicians that formulated these immigration policies.
+
Weekend_warrior
post 14.May.2009, 02:35 AM
Post #50

He has been convicted of plots of terrorism against the United States, He has been convicted. He will never again see the light of day. There is nothing Sweden can do about it. Move on.
The flavor of the week or rather last 7 years has been Middle-Eastern terrorists (left religion outta that one didn't I?). This article is sensationalist propaganda aimed at infusing racism to the Arabic communities in Sweden. Hey even I don't want the asylum seekers here bleeding the system and causing crime, I just tell it how it is, and that is what this article does (see conversations above).
Furthermore, why do people think the US went to Iraq for Oil? 7 years later and that one still blows my mind. Oil is a commodity traded on the open market. It wouldn't magically become cheaper for Americans. Do you think we walk into 7/11 and get a free oil drum when we buy a coke?
+
dtes
post 14.May.2009, 01:39 PM
Post #51

yeah the states went to war as an excuse to re-allocate the nations wealth into the pockets of a few fat business men and further the creation of a global police state with the help of their cia buddy bin ladan and his clan of circle jerks, the "terrorists" think they are involved in a revolution but they fail to see they are still no more than puppets of the ever encroaching ever consuming west giving governments a reason to enact ever more oppressive laws upon a population who would otherwise riot them out of office. history will show us.
+
*prosvensk*
post 15.May.2009, 03:27 AM
Post #52

I agree with several of the above, but Greg of Canada puts it best: "This guy is a Swede for convenience but not part of the society. That's what you get with a liberal immigration policy." Kassim, like many in many countries probably, is a legit nember of society in name only. His real interests are elsewhere, and this should be part of a new law we have to create someday to remove the citizenship of people who mainly have the interests of other societies at heart. Why give comfort to your enemy or traitors?
As a Swedish-American, I say the same for America. Ethnic and civlizational interests and society should count here too.
About the Iraq war, read American scholars Mearsheimer and Walt and select websites. It was not about oil, but other kinds of special interests. The oil angle is just a diversion or the fantasy of leftists.
+
idialogue
post 15.May.2009, 11:22 AM
Post #53

agreed with prosvensk: Oil is one of the angle. THe big picture is some thing more worse and deep with
iDialogue
+
Kooritze
post 15.May.2009, 02:52 PM
Post #54

Wow, some hot debate! Glad to see a voice of reason in all of this: idialogue!
Who cares what nationality this bloke is...he is a man intent on crime!

On all these points on who,s a terrorist, who,s not etc is all dependent on individual perspective. If I were Iraqi/Afghan and lost my family to US bombs...I,m sure I could be capable of blowing yanks up! I,m a Brit but recognise that the crimes we did in Ireland to supress them...led to the IRA...We ruled the whole island for long time...but they fought for sovreignty and freedom...Terrorists??? Jews took Palesitne and suppresses and kills them in droves...Palestinians fight back...Terrorists??? Violence against people have repocussions. It,s not black and white
+
foriegner
post 15.May.2009, 04:32 PM
Post #55

So. What were the americans supposed to do, ignore him? For the most part they don't have the internal religous issues western europe has - and from what I have seen they tend to live pretty well together in the same neighborhoods. This guy was a criminal with the intent of instigating hate crimes and they went after him. Really, nationality has little to do with it.
+
Kooritze
post 15.May.2009, 08:22 PM
Post #56

To understand terrorist violence it is necessary to rethink who are the good guys and who are the bad guys. America, UK and Israel often protray themselves as being on the righteous side...even if is they who kill more than any 'terrorist' group. Violence against people creates a struggle to oppose that violence...even though the opposing force may have it,s roots in getting their sovreignty back and righteous causes...over time it turns uglier and nastier. eg IRA killed Brit occupiers in the begining...but as time and frustrations went on civillians became targets. There is state terrorism also eg Israel. America also bombs civillians...always has. Explained by collateral damage!!!!! So if your family were 'collateral damage' would you not tend to be a little angry...maybe want to repay that pain on the guilty???
+
Braderunner Rennuredarb
post 15.May.2009, 08:45 PM
Post #57

Kooritize - if you think America routinely bombs civvies to kill as many people as possible, then you are mistaken.
Killing civvies is never "acceptable", but it happens - its war.
The problem is when civvies are specifically targeted. Thats bad.
+
Kooritze
post 15.May.2009, 11:52 PM
Post #58

Point taken and understood. War is a nasty affair. My point is that terrorism is percieved differently dependent on your position. For example...it is easy for us to make judgments sitting here in Sweden in our comfortable safe little bubble. However, if we were sitting in the west bank where maybe you were last year a father to a fine family, and in the last Israeli offence you lost all of them...despite the Israeli,s tageting 'terrorists'...you may feel the need for revenge and justice. Likewise, the lone survivor of an Afghan village is not going to forigve and forget when he has lost all. Violence will escalate.
Hiroshima,s American atom bombing of civilians caused horror and awe at the level of mankinds terror abilities...but was not a solution for ongoing peace. We must find cultural understanding and respect for that!
+
kmbr
post 16.May.2009, 12:44 AM
Post #59

However, if we were sitting in the west bank where maybe you were last year a father to a fine family, and in the last Israeli offence you lost all of them...despite the Israeli,s tageting 'terrorists'...

Conversely, if you were a Jew and lost a loved one to a rocket launched into your living room, during a cease fire, you may feel the same way.
+
CJBM
post 16.May.2009, 02:32 AM
Post #60

QUOTE (Kooritze @ 15.May.2009, 10:52 PM) *
Hiroshima,s American atom bombing of civilians caused horror and awe at the level of mankinds terror abilities...but was not a solution for ongoing peace.

Yes, the Japanese were just minding their own business, not harming anybody (like the Chinese) and those hideous Americans picked a fight with them.

America acts: mind your own business!
America doesn't act: why aren't you doing anything?!
America sends millions in aid: you're not doing enough!
America sends billions in aid: we owe you nothing for it!
+

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: