The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Scholarship of Swedish Institue

Asturianu
post 5.Jan.2006, 02:20 AM
Post #1

Hello, I am interested in applying for one of the scholarships offered by SI to study a Master level in Sweden. I would like to know something about it from someone who is really close to it (I mean, if you have got one, or you know someone who has got one or so...), so you can tell me if it is very difficult to get or not, if you must have very good marks... that sort of things. Thank you.
Go to the top of the page
+
Nick_e
post 9.Jan.2006, 05:59 PM
Post #2

hi the best advice I'll give is that: forget about it. I'm a master's student at Göteborgs University and i'm confident the SI scholarship is a mirage.
+
Haz
post 9.Jan.2006, 06:39 PM
Post #3

I know two people who one got this and another who got a fulbright. Both of them are very very smart, with really got good grades. If the program is good as like the ones i know, in order to get that one SI scholar ship you might have to have turned down a postion at an Ivy league Uni in america. Ok this might not be the case for every body, but this is the case for the people i know.

What schools are you looking at and what are you going to study?
+
Eyallow
post 9.Jan.2006, 07:45 PM
Post #4

If you are the next Einstein, then varsågod apply! You are very welcome :twisted: !
+
Nick_e
post 9.Jan.2006, 09:20 PM
Post #5

perhaps Asturianu is ivy leaguer
+
Haz
post 10.Jan.2006, 07:54 AM
Post #6

that is very possible, in which case s(he) will be in the running.
+
Asturianu
post 12.Jan.2006, 12:01 AM
Post #7

Hello, thank you for your answers. To be honest, I did not know anything about that "Ivy League", and I have just checked something in internet. I am not very interested in north american stuff. I come from Spain and my university is good but it is not very internationally recognized; altough my marks are over average, they are not spectacular. I was thinking in applying for a lot of universities, so I have more chances to achieve it. Well, I am not sure if it works like that. I was wondering if they check all the applications together or one university each time or what. Do you think it is worthy to try? And in that case, do I really have any advantage in applying for many universities?
+
Leonard
post 12.Jan.2006, 12:30 AM
Post #8

You are from Spain!!!

Haha - you have no chance at getting one as far as I can see. The SI scholarships appear to be international aid to poor countries. I won't even bother to apply. I know many people that have them. All are from an Africain country, Russia, Iran, Pakistan or India. No offence but people from countries like Spain are not likely considered. They are expected to be able to pay or get funding from there country.

Sorry. There is no tution though. Note it is also bloody expensive!!!!!!
+
me_i_sverige
post 14.Feb.2006, 03:31 PM
Post #9

I guess it's quite difficult for SI scholarship. There's intense competition. However, Norway provides more scholarships than Sweden. Check that out too.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: