The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »    Reply to this topic

What has happened to TL?

Where is everybody?

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 31.Mar.2013, 03:34 AM
Post #16

Thoughts about Byke:

A bloody pain!

Negative to the max!

Created...Bykeism laugh.gif !

Dogged!

A bloody pain...did I say that already?

And a secret moderator to boot! angry.gif

None of the endearing qualities as mentioned above should have lead to him being banned...chastised a bit...suspended for a while, etc...Yeah, OK...But, unless there was a problem in house with TheLocal, as to him being a secret moderator...damn I shudder when I use those words, he did not deserve to be banned.

Any and all Moderation...leads to...silence...!!!

What say you?
Go to the top of the page
+
chazza
post 31.Mar.2013, 09:11 AM
Post #17

He deserves to banned or least sin binned for a whole season or more. preferably more.

Its much nicer around here without bykes negativity and general sulky vibe.

He's a terminal misery guts and I really hope he attaches himself to some other forum and forgets to come back here.

As for the secret mod thing blink.gif what is the deal with that ? (rhetorical)
+
Hamsterdam
post 31.Mar.2013, 11:03 AM
Post #18

I'll make my last comments about byke as I don't want to feed his unworthy ego.

He made a lifetimes money designing a boring bike frame and for that is extremely lucky, more lucky than winning the lottery three weeks on the trot. Before and after that he has been a complete failure.

He put's himself around the internet as "The fantastic Byke" so that is a clue as to his mental state, don't you think?

The forum is much better without this Swedish/Chav hybrid. No more tuning in to see all the negativity that he spreads.

The good news is that the sly untrustworthy Methven is also gone.

Attached Image= hahahaha
+
gplusa
post 31.Mar.2013, 12:51 PM
Post #19

Byke was always skating on thin ice with his continuous negative posting while holding a role as a forum moderator for TL. The Local isn't a charity, it's a business and relies on revenue from advertisers. In Sweden that revenue comes from Swedish advertisers. I can imagine that those Swedish advertisers would have taken a very dim view if they had become aware that a person acting in an official capacity for TL was doing their level best to try and portray Sweden in a bad light to the world. If that is what has prompted the action then he really has no one else to blame but himself. No one forced the moderator role into him, he could have chosen to stay independent and post whatever he wanted. As with most things in life, you can't have it both ways.
+
Rick Methven
post 31.Mar.2013, 01:10 PM
Post #20

What you are now seeing is the slow disintegration and death of the TL Sweden discussion forum. When TL started up in Sweden, it needed signed up members to build the site and increase the click through rate for the ad revenue. Now it is established a members discussion forum is just a bugbear they tolerate. the German discussion forum is separate from TL Germany

The Local's discussion forums are provided by our partner website Toytown Germany.

The other sites have no discussion forum and as it means more work for TL staff there will not be.

Up to a couple of years ago, Discussion forum Moderators also moderated the news section. TL took that ability away because they liked the ad revenue they got from threads getting very heated when a perfectly boring story got turned into a matter of racism by a myriad of trolling posters. The Mods were doing too good a job, deleting abusive posts and banning the trolls, which lost TL top rating on the search engines. The moderators where told that henceforth the "journalists?" who wrote pieces, would moderate their own stories. Result very little moderation and more ad revenue.

In 2004 there were few on-line discussion forums related to countries/cities etc and TL exploited the situation, to build up readership by hosting such a forum. Times move on and 9 years later TL has no need for the discussion forum and has wanted to hive it off/ close it down for some time now. as it is not crucial for ad revenue.

How long will it last?

In the past, when some of the old posters got banned for irreverence or some something, they did start their own forums, maybe that is an idea for someone. Nowadays with systems like Disqus, a discussion forum is easy to setup.
+
gplusa
post 31.Mar.2013, 01:29 PM
Post #21

Hiya Rick. I have gotten the feeling that this forum is being left to sink-or swim on its own. For whatever reason. It will be an interesting exercise to see if there is enough genuine interest out there to keep it floating. One would hope so. In many ways it has put the responsibility back onto the posters. Use it or lose it.
+
Mzungu
post 31.Mar.2013, 06:30 PM
Post #22

007,Good to see you still pop in occasionally,and that you keep contact with a handful of old posters...times change,unfortunately for TL it was not for the good...

The return of a few of the old war horses would certainly bring the forum back to life...come on, just for old times sake!

*one can only be optimistic*
+
John.Smith
post 31.Mar.2013, 08:15 PM
Post #23

What's the problem with the forum?? Well... since it was dropped that a secret Mod system was in operation the Trolls went underground...
The shite state of the forum is nothing to do with Bykes absence or presence... he was just cluttering up the place with junk news stories.
There are 2 types who use this place, those that come here for the drama and arguements and those who come seeking help... Right now in the absence of any good trolls there are no arguments... we henceforth live in harmony! Rejoice!!!!
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 1.Apr.2013, 04:22 AM
Post #24

Harmony!...What the hell is wrong with you?

We come here to abase, degrade, insult, scathe and just generally find interesting words to tell others that we...not only don't like what they say...but also to tell them that we don't like them!

I mean it's what this place is about!

Oh!...And have fun doing it! laugh.gif

And...Hey, Mzungu, I bet you are still on the wrong side of the Equator...jeez, one would think you were still afraid of snow blindness! rolleyes.gif
+
John.Smith
post 1.Apr.2013, 08:00 PM
Post #25

Yeah... sarcasm is lost on the old goat wink.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 2.Apr.2013, 04:41 AM
Post #26

Well...you had me for a minute! But "harmony" set me off...even meant sarcastically it sounds out of place here...so I had to emote! laugh.gif
+
John.Smith
post 2.Apr.2013, 07:50 AM
Post #27

All subjective... one mans harmony is another mans hell wink.gif
+
post 2.Apr.2013, 08:36 PM
Post #28

QUOTE (Mzungu @ 31.Mar.2013, 07:30 PM) *
007,Good to see you still pop in occasionally,and that you keep contact with a handful of old posters...times change,unfortunately for TL it was not for the good...The return ... (show full quote)

i think the glory days are behind us mzungu, sadly. i will poke in a little more frequently now for a tad to see how it goes..so i am game. where is gus? i know miss kitten also peruses when the feline fancy strikes.
+
Uncommonj
post 2.Apr.2013, 11:21 PM
Post #29

Aww, thelocal forum of blessed memory... I remeber laughing my head off almost all the time back then, very lively discusions. Nigel Griffin or so and a host of very lively people ..
+
Mzungu
post 3.Apr.2013, 09:31 AM
Post #30

QUOTE (7 @ 2.Apr.2013, 09:36 PM) *
i think the glory days are behind us mzungu, sadly. i will poke in a little more frequently now for a tad to see how it goes..so i am game. where is gus? i know miss kitten al ... (show full quote)

Believe it was a case of no Trow,no Gus,then of course there was the departure of the likes of VHW,Dock,HPK,Braderunner,Holecutter,Mahmood,Ezpen and Alfredo to mention but a few... however one never knows they could well be lurking,awaiting the return of their favorite nemesis or antagonist?

*have a nice one!*
+

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: