The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3   Reply to this topic

Expat or Immigrant?

I´m just a Russian poof

flaneur
post 13.Oct.2017, 12:58 PM
Post #31

QUOTE (BhuBhuKaZoo @ 13.Oct.2017, 01:27 PM) *
At no point did I allude that your experience was inferior, or actually detail that you have no experience of it - i simply said it maybe different to others. I don't make ... (show full quote)

Wow! This is so beautifully put together.

I feel sorry for people who feel good about themselves based on the fact that they come from a developed country while looking down on others who don't. It's the same as if making fun of how other people look like and their natural characteristics. It's not something you accomplished on your own. Just because someone is born in a first World country doesn't make that person better in anything. People who rely on their nationality to express their "superiority" towards others are usually nothing else but ordinary and they know that.

I especially feel sorry for people in Sweden who accept me so easily because I'm white and blonde, while talking shit in front of me about other immigrants who physically, according to them, don't fit in.
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 13.Oct.2017, 07:25 PM
Post #32

TheLocal is a great place to express views, ideas, feelings and just about anything that you can think of...

It is also a place to see that others differ and can reply in an intelligent thoughtful manner, as was the case, concerning my last conversation...

It may come as a surprise to some here, but that is the way people are supposed to act and treat each other...

Thank you, Mr. Kazoo
+
Bsmith
post 14.Oct.2017, 12:08 AM
Post #33

QUOTE (BhuBhuKaZoo @ 13.Oct.2017, 12:27 PM) *
At no point did I allude that your experience was inferior, or actually detail that you have no experience of it - i simply said it maybe different to others. I don't make ... (show full quote)

Racism is just ignorance coupled with fear.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 14.Oct.2017, 12:31 AM
Post #34

What is now referred to as "racism" and is totally misused in it's usage, is the simple reaction that is innately in us all...

When we see people that are outwardly different, we are not at ease...

What follows next???

And, what is it called???
+
BhuBhuKaZoo
post 16.Oct.2017, 12:11 PM
Post #35

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 13.Oct.2017, 08:25 PM) *
TheLocal is a great place to express views, ideas, feelings and just about anything that you can think of...It is also a place to see that others differ and can reply in an in ... (show full quote)

You are very welcome smile.gif

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 14.Oct.2017, 01:08 AM) *
Racism is just ignorance coupled with fear.

Short and snappy. I like it!

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 14.Oct.2017, 01:31 AM) *
What is now referred to as "racism" and is totally misused in it's usage, is the simple reaction that is innately in us all...When we see people that are outward ... (show full quote)

And that is the question. Racism is used far too broadly and also - too specifically! Conundrum! But yes - I can only think of discrimination but perhaps, over the intervening years, a new definition will spring up?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 16.Oct.2017, 08:27 PM
Post #36

When we are colonized by a species from another planet and voice our displeasure, we may be called "alienists" practicing "alienism"!!!

However at that point we would consider all of us earthlings, to be brothers...

United by anothers difference...

Aren't we doing that now???

I'm confused...

Does anything change???
+
Bsmith
post 16.Oct.2017, 10:05 PM
Post #37

I relish the day when each person is considered on their own merit only. No negative or positive racism. The whole business is getting rather old.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Oct.2017, 01:43 AM
Post #38

Your "merit" only applies to those that are like you...

Tribalism rules and always will, we are built that way...
+

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: