The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
This discussion forum closed permanently on 25th February 2021.
10 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Brexit and Tullverket

UK treated as a 3rd country

TheExpatEagle
post 2.Jan.2021, 10:37 PM
Post #1
Joined: 23.Aug.2016


For anyone looking to move home to/from Sweden to/from the UK may be interested in the information on Tullverket about restrictions and regulations regarding the UK.

Such as you must declare if you have more than 10.000kr in cash, are libel to pay MOMS and import duty on goods worth over 1.600kr and so on.

Anyone who remembers travelling to Europe before 1996 will be used to such restrictions.

https://www.tullverket.se/sv/privat/brexitf...870c7915c2.html
Go to the top of the page
+
*Guest*
post 2.Jan.2021, 11:04 PM
Post #2


It's what they voted for. The fun is just beginning.
Go to the top of the page
+
Martin565
post 3.Jan.2021, 11:53 AM
Post #3
Joined: 4.Oct.2017

Go to the top of the page
+
*Guest*
post 3.Jan.2021, 01:42 PM
Post #4


Go to the top of the page
+
Martin565
post 3.Jan.2021, 02:26 PM
Post #5
Joined: 4.Oct.2017

Go to the top of the page
+
Beofile
post 3.Jan.2021, 02:37 PM
Post #6
Joined: 18.Aug.2009

That website is totally out of date and I fear completely wrong info? The trade agreement made means no restrictions bringing goods or possessions across the border?

Go to the top of the page
+
*Guest*
post 3.Jan.2021, 02:55 PM
Post #7


Go to the top of the page
+
Martin565
post 3.Jan.2021, 03:10 PM
Post #8
Joined: 4.Oct.2017

QUOTE (Skogsbo1 @ 3.Jan.2021, 02:55 PM) *
Of course it morphed beyond a trading agreement, but the UK doesn't have a full trade agreement now. It can trade goods, but limited services, there are quotas and tariffs ... (show full quote)


It also had its laws courts superseded by the EU 80% of its fisheries taken by the EU no control over its own borders and a massive deficits to the EU.
Go to the top of the page
+
Martin565
post 3.Jan.2021, 03:13 PM
Post #9
Joined: 4.Oct.2017

Go to the top of the page
+
Justanothernobody
post 3.Jan.2021, 03:19 PM
Post #10
Joined: 8.Aug.2020

Little England won't try to join the EU again for a very long time. The UK had one of the best positions in the EU with a lot of opt outs, it will never get those back so it's always going to be in a worse position than it was before even if it rejoins.

On top of that all the UK has done is mess about and undermine the EU for years. The EU will take an economic hit from the UK leaving but overall it's better off without the UK.
Go to the top of the page
+
*Guest*
post 3.Jan.2021, 03:21 PM
Post #11


QUOTE (Martin565 @ 3.Jan.2021, 03:10 PM) *
It also had its laws courts superseded by the EU 80% of its fisheries taken by the EU no control over its own borders and a massive deficits to the EU.

Of the fisheries it had it sold the quota to foreign vessels anyway!

Tell me the net upside of brexit? The gain?
Go to the top of the page
+
Martin565
post 3.Jan.2021, 03:23 PM
Post #12
Joined: 4.Oct.2017

QUOTE (Skogsbo1 @ 3.Jan.2021, 03:21 PM) *
Of the fisheries it had it sold the quota to foreign vessels anyway! . Tell me the net upside of brexit? The gain?


What like Iceland ? That hold 90% of their own fisheries and the other 10% is open to the highest payer, good idea but you want to give up 80% to the eu for nothing?
Go to the top of the page
+
*Guest*
post 3.Jan.2021, 03:26 PM
Post #13


QUOTE (Justanothernobody @ 3.Jan.2021, 03:19 PM) *
Little England won't try to join the EU again for a very long time. The UK had one of the best positions in the EU with a lot of opt outs, it will never get those back so ... (show full quote)

By the time they realise the down side it will be too late. The UK could thrive, it could restructure and grow. But the population have too much of a sense of entitled or that someone else can do the harder work for them. The generation that voted for brexit could take a hit and lower their standard of living, that would fund future growth,training and investment. 10-20 years down the line, the UK could be highly skilled and outward looking.
Go to the top of the page
+
Martin565
post 3.Jan.2021, 03:27 PM
Post #14
Joined: 4.Oct.2017

Go to the top of the page
+
*Guest*
post 3.Jan.2021, 03:29 PM
Post #15


QUOTE (Martin565 @ 3.Jan.2021, 03:23 PM) *
What like Iceland ? That hold 90% of their own fisheries and the other 10% is open to the highest payer, good idea but you want to give up 80% to the eu for nothing?

Right now much of the UK quota has been sold, the UK boats don't want to fish it.

But it's only fish. Such a small percentage of the economy. 8 months of purely Nissans output is worth more than all the UK fisheries added together.
Go to the top of the page
+

10 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
15 User(s) are reading this topic (15 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: