The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

WHO GOT HIS DECISION FROM MIGRATIONSVERKET.SE?

Borlange06v
post 13.Aug.2006, 01:32 PM
Post #1

I am a bit worriying about my visa status, it is nearly 8 weeks that I applied for visa, still no response.
Go to the top of the page
+
Temp
post 13.Aug.2006, 02:30 PM
Post #2

Welcome to Swedish work pace over the holiday season :-) Most of Sweden shuts for the whole of July, and the few weeks either side are hardly what can be called full strength focussed work time!

That will make about 6-8 weeks of not much going on, so I wouldn't worry too much yet if it has been 8 weeks.

By the way, when you get here, and once you get used to it, the virtual shutdown is really rather pleasant (assuming you've managed to remember to get everything done before it starts!!)
+
Nuname
post 13.Aug.2006, 02:32 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Borlange06v)
I am a bit worriying about my visa status, it is nearly 8 weeks that I applied for visa, still no response.

They say they can take up to 3 months & took the full three months for me. Depends whether you get a useless lazy f*ker or not.
+
Michele
post 13.Aug.2006, 05:37 PM
Post #4

Not to put a scare into you, but it can take over a year in some cases! Mine did less than 2 years ago. sad.gif
+
Puffin
post 14.Aug.2006, 07:49 AM
Post #5

Have you tried calling to find out how long they estimate that the visa will take?

Or call the University to see if they can offer any advice
+
Vj
post 14.Aug.2006, 07:54 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Borlange06v)

Best way is call them and ask them to process your application qucikly. If your papers are correct they process it very fast after you request them.
+
Borlange06v
post 14.Aug.2006, 08:17 AM
Post #7

ok, I will call .
I think it will not take longer, like 1 year, cuz I applied for student visa.
+
*Rachellabelle*
post 15.Aug.2006, 04:35 AM
Post #8

I am in the same situation...The migration board told me that they recieve many requests during the summer and are processing them as fast as they can...my school is trying from the swedish end of things to get things going but the migration board basically told me to be patient and they don't speed things up for individuals...

Hope you hear soon!!
+
Borlange06v
post 15.Aug.2006, 05:41 AM
Post #9

Oh, where are you from?
+
Rugby Girl
post 16.Aug.2006, 09:30 AM
Post #10

My student visa took just over two weeks from start to finish. You should call your local consulate or embassy and see what they can do as obviously the semester starts soon, and lots of students are arriving in Sweden already - Ii arrived on Monday.

Good Luck :wink:
+
Kitten
post 16.Aug.2006, 10:02 AM
Post #11

I submitted the application, fee, etc, to Migrationsverket and my employer applied to Arbetsförmedlingen for my offer of employment back at the beginning of June. Only recently (about two weeks ago) did I hear from Migrationsverket. I thought it wouldn't take as long as it did the first time around because this time I'm applying for an exention. I was wrong. It actually took (is taking) longer.
+
*Rachellabelle*
post 16.Aug.2006, 09:34 PM
Post #12

I am coming from Canada...I heard from the migration board today...they misplaced my acceptance letter...hope thats not a bad sign...anyway I hope that means they will be making a decision on my case soon!!
+
Emfa
post 16.Aug.2006, 10:49 PM
Post #13

You guys have to remember that Sweden is located near the north pole. And as you may know summer days on the poles sometimes take several months.

If you have trust in Migrationsverket, you are lost. You better apply two years in advance. Unfortunately, it is the only authority dealing with entry and residence related stuffs.

Be patient.
+
Borlange06v
post 17.Aug.2006, 06:16 AM
Post #14

QUOTE (Rachellabelle)
I am coming from Canada...I heard from the migration board today...they misplaced my acceptance letter...hope thats not a bad sign...anyway I hope that means they will be making a decision on my case soon!!

when you submitted your applicaton online?
I submitted it on the 19th June. still no response
+
Puffin
post 17.Aug.2006, 06:38 AM
Post #15

QUOTE (Borlange06v)
when you submitted your applicaton online?
I submitted it on the 19th June. still no response

Have you been in contact with them?
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: