The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

ANYONE ONE HAVING STUDENT VISA PROBLEMS TOO?

Ezpen The Caveman
post 8.Sep.2006, 11:05 PM
Post #16

QUOTE (Dave_the_exchange_student)
Unfortunately, it appears that in Sweden like in many other countries, discrimination is applied according to your country of origin when it comes to visas. I am canadian, I haven't even signed my passport when I applied and I got my visa within 1 week.

True.. and some don't have to apply for Visa at all. Do US-folks have to apply for a visa to Canada??
Go to the top of the page
+
Dave The Exchange Student
post 9.Sep.2006, 07:02 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (Espen The Conqurer)
True.. and some don't have to apply for Visa at all. Do US-folks have to apply for a visa to Canada??

Nope, they can get in and out as they please. Also, until recently, canadians didn't need a passport to go in the US.
+
drestmont
post 9.Sep.2006, 07:01 PM
Post #18

Firstly, I am confortable having this kind of discussion, after all, it is pretty obvious that some countries got a better reputation than others and that means different social and political treatments, but, I wish the behaviour of the people rather than just the nationality must be the fundamental part of this kind of decisions, On the other hand, I am from Colombian and like other lovely countries (ironically¡¡¡) must of the time produced prejudices and different opinions, lets see ...
+
*GMM*
post 10.Sep.2006, 04:38 PM
Post #19

One thing I can tell from the whole system is that Sweden as a State has genuine intentions to provide international students (especially those from developing countries) with qualitative education at a very cheaper rate, compared to other countries that charges tuition running into thousands of dollars, yet Sweden never took part in activities that improvised these countries, I mean Sweden never colonized any country, is not an imperialist state, yet it could afford to be this benevelont to international students. I think its has got to do with the swedes that are in position to make the will of Swedeb be done, I mean they know by the summer many students will be applying since traditionall its the beginning of the Swedish academic year, why not employ more hands to replaqce those that will going for vacations,the schools should have inturn extended the date of thier registration deadline with many of the put as Sept 11th. I am not telling them what to do, just wondering...
+
Dave The Exchange Student
post 10.Sep.2006, 05:25 PM
Post #20

You shouldn't confuse

1- the permission to stay in a country
2- the arrangements to study in a country

Process #2 cannot start if process #1 has not completed. I'm sure swedish universities have the best intentions in the world. However, they can do nothing if the immigration board won't grant you a student visa.
+
*PantoneTria*
post 10.Sep.2006, 08:09 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (GMM)
I mean they know by the summer many students will be applying since traditionall its the beginning of the Swedish academic year, why not employ more hands to replaqce those that will going for vacations,the schools should have inturn extended the date of thier registration deadline with many of the put as Sept 11th. I am not telling them what to do, just wondering...

Maybe they keep it for after election :twisted:
+
drestmont
post 14.Sep.2006, 03:56 PM
Post #22

After all, the university extend the arrival period which is really good for us (alien students), but... still waiting the visa...
+
drestmont
post 22.Sep.2006, 04:23 PM
Post #23

...still waiting the visa!!!!
+
Nicholas09
post 22.Sep.2006, 05:53 PM
Post #24

don't worry, they delay and delay and then you get an email and everything works out
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: