The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

Live Stockholm Jazz

New Orleans
post 14.May.2006, 11:35 AM
Post #1

If you are looking for live Jazz in Stockholm let me recommend a New Orleans style Jazz and Blues Club in Gamla Stan. You can check their program to see who is playing at :

www.stampen.se

The normally have Jazz upstairs and Blues downstairs.

Also Glenn Miller Cafe is a great place to see live Jazz.

If you like New Orleans Jazz take a listen at: www.basinstreetrecords.com and you can streamline the best Jazz and Blues station in New Orleans from www.wwoz.com just click on Listen Now.

Have any of yawl ever noticed that in "ALL" these so called Jazz Festivals throughout the world there is not much Jazz at these alleged Jazz Fests??? In Stockholm for example they have Kanye West, Lauren Hill, Sting headlining. If it's a real Jazz Fest it should be only Jazz right? :roll:
Go to the top of the page
+
New Orleans
post 14.May.2006, 11:37 AM
Post #2

Check out this story:

http://www.thelocal.se/article.php?ID=3793
+
Beth
post 15.May.2006, 09:00 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (New Orleans)
Have any of yawl ever noticed that in "ALL" these so called Jazz Festivals throughout the world there is not much Jazz at these alleged Jazz Fests??? In Stockholm for example they have Kanye West, Lauren Hill, Sting headlining. If it's a real Jazz Fest it should be only Jazz right? :roll:

yeah, one of the reasons i don't really bother with the jazz festival here. some of the smaller, local names are often pretty good.

re: the article. the glenn miller gets rave reviews from everyone i know who has a link to jazz. and yet i haven't been there :oops: the food is supposed to be terrific too, a "mom and pop" opperation.

*mental note to self...go to glenn miller*
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: