The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

How to make Sweden more attractive to immigrants

With so many other nations competing

Uncle Fred
post 28.Jan.2019, 05:48 PM
Post #1

The first question is, is there a need for immigrants in Sweden. Sweden has been a very successful country for the last 100 years, establishing itself as one of the richest countries in the world. It also had one of the highest living standards in the world. All this created by generations of hard-working Swedes. Sweden was a country to be envied. The Swedish model and quality of life gave a very enriched feel to the people of Sweden. Swedes had many things to be proud of, such as Volvo and Saab, ABBA, their advances in medical science and not forgetting IKEA, plus much more. I could go on and on, but I am sure most people know all this.
Sweden has over recent years been a world leader (again) of taking in immigrants including myself (because I am married to a Swede) and providing them with everything they need. Immigrants have been given the same standards and rights as Swedes, treating them as brothers you could say.
However, this has all come at a cost, a cost to those hard-working Swedes who have been so generous to provide.
It has come to a point now where the money pot is running low. If Sweden continues its immigration policy who is going to pay the bill, who is going to bail out Sweden. There are also the other concerns that have appeared and that is rising unemployment and a housing crisis due to the lack of housing. Not a good situation to be in after all the hard work of previous Swedish generations. Bit sad really but hey look on the bright side of life.
The second question is, can Sweden compete with many other nations also lining up to take in immigrates.
This I find difficult to answer because I don’t have crystal ball.

So, the question remains,

I am sure many people will disagree with me on this even to the point of denial and calling me a SweNazi. For what I don’t know, but that’s the way we humans are, aren’t we?

P.S.
The original tittle of this thread is,

If you see that the tittle has been changed, then you know it’s by one of those posters I mentioned that are in denial.

P.P.S. Yes I have posted in the wrong forum, it should have been "Life in Sweden" thanks in advance for the observation.
Go to the top of the page
+
Saywhatwhat
post 28.Jan.2019, 06:03 PM
Post #2

Dear Sweden,

Welcome to the world. I know you’ve missed out on a lot since you’ve been busy counting the money and gold you sommmeeeehowwwww obtained during WW2. Its a shame it is running out huh? Because your good for nothing population has done nothing but suck on the tit of your govt that inevitably poisoned the milk.

+
Saywhatwhat
post 28.Jan.2019, 06:06 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Uncle Fred @ 28.Jan.2019, 05:48 PM) *
The first question is, is there a need for immigrants in Sweden. Sweden has been a very successful country for the last 100 years, establishing itself as one of the richest co ... (show full quote)

I love that you include abba in this truncated list of “amazing” things from Sweden.

Did abba even record in Sweden and do they still live there now?

P.s. Abba had to sing in English to become what we know them as now
+
nativeswedishengineer
post 29.Jan.2019, 08:19 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 28.Jan.2019, 06:03 PM) *
Dear Sweden,Welcome to the world. I know you’ve missed out on a lot since you’ve been busy counting the money and gold you sommmeeeehowwwww obtained during WW2. Its a sha ... (show full quote)

That would be Switzerland that you are thinking of in regards to the gold.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 29.Jan.2019, 08:31 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 29.Jan.2019, 08:19 PM) *
That would be Switzerland that you are thinking of in regards to the gold.

Since this is about Sweden I mentioned just Sweden. But yes, both Sweden and Switzerland partook....

Midway through World War II, both countries, with the full knowledge of their governments and central bank directors, ignored warnings from the Allies about the nature of the gold and other assets they were buying from Germany and continued the trade until the end of the war. As late as 1944, the Swedish National Bank ordered its Swiss financial partners to melt gold bars so they could be stamped with a Swedish insignia to conceal their origin.

These gold bars did not originate only in precious metal expropriated from Jews. In many instances, they had a much more macabre history: they were melted gold teeth, wedding rings and golden glass frames taken from Jews at Auschwitz and other death camps.

Swiss historian Christoph Graf says Switzerland and Sweden were "very much in the same boat" when it came to financial dealings with Nazi Germany, only "the proportions were different."

In fact, documents released recently show that immediately after the war, Switzerland and Sweden had confidential talks to "compare notes" so as not to contradict each other in the face of war-crimes tribunals and possible banking investigations by the Allies.

According to historians, the "dirty trade" encompassed three areas:

The freezing of pre-war accounts held by Jews. By 1940, Sweden outlawed the opening of accounts for non-residents and many Jews mainly from neighbouring countries, including the three Baltic Republic, found they didn't have access to their money.

The purchase of gold that was clearly stolen.

Functioning as a fiscal safe haven for Nazis.

Stings doesn’t it?

+
nativeswedishengineer
post 29.Jan.2019, 09:13 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Saywhatwhat @ 29.Jan.2019, 08:31 PM) *
Since this is about Sweden I mentioned just Sweden. But yes, both Sweden and Switzerland partook...Midway through World War II, both countries, with the full knowledge of thei ... (show full quote)

If I am to be responsible for what swedes did before my time, than I also get to claim responsibly for the actions of my relatives who fought with the free french forces and my relatives who ran an underground operation to get downed British aircrews out of Europe and back to England.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 29.Jan.2019, 09:46 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (nativeswedishengineer @ 29.Jan.2019, 09:13 PM) *
If I am to be responsible for what swedes did before my time, than I also get to claim responsibly for the actions of my relatives who fought with the free french forces and m ... (show full quote)

Go for it. We should all own up to our histories, national and familial.

Maybe next time don’t try to push off the nastiness I described as something that just the Swiss did.

+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 29.Jan.2019, 10:04 PM
Post #8

The old adage...it's an ill wind that blows no good...

Hey, if there is a buck to be made, the bottom line is all that counts...

What a lot of people do not think about is the fact that the winners of the war never thought of nor brought war crimes charges against Sweden...

Sweden did wrong only in the eyes of the uninformed...
+
Saywhatwhat
post 29.Jan.2019, 11:21 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 29.Jan.2019, 10:04 PM) *
The old adage...it's an ill wind that blows no good...Hey, if there is a buck to be made, the bottom line is all that counts...What a lot of people do not think about is t ... (show full quote)

We’re not going down that hole again. But yes they thought and investigated. Sweden and the Swiss compares dirty notes. They weren’t hit with war crimes, heavier shit was going on, but they were slapped with penalties.

Let’s talk about this and how Sweden is making itself more attractive to Yemeni refugees, and others, by assisting in their respective countries destruction...

I’m sure you’ll say fake news so I’ll link a few so you and your cronies can wriggle around with this...

https://www.google.se/amp/s/sputniknews.com...ia-arms-export/

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.thelocal.se...alist-death/amp

https://www.opendemocracy.net/north-africa-...crimes-in-yemen

I’ll save more for later. Hahahahaha
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 30.Jan.2019, 01:00 AM
Post #10

The reality of your post suggests that nothing was investigated and charged as war crimes perpetrated by Sweden...

If there were you would have gladly supplied proof...

Did you know that Hitler was related to the Swedish Royal family???
+
Saywhatwhat
post 30.Jan.2019, 11:20 AM
Post #11

We’re not going down that hole again. But yes they thought and investigated. Sweden and the Swiss compares dirty notes. They weren’t hit with war crimes, heavier shit was going on, but they were slapped with penalties.

Let’s talk about this and how Sweden is making itself more attractive to Yemeni refugees, and others, by assisting in their respective countries destruction...

I’m sure you’ll say fake news so I’ll link a few so you and your cronies can wriggle around with this...

https://www.google.se/amp/s/sputniknews.com...ia-arms-export/

https://www.google.se/amp/s/www.thelocal.se...alist-death/amp

https://www.opendemocracy.net/north-africa-...crimes-in-yemen

I’ll save more for later. Hahahahaha
+
Bsmith
post 30.Jan.2019, 06:29 PM
Post #12

And, instead of how to make Sweden attractive to the immigrants, shouldn't the question be how to make the immigrants attractive to Sweden? In other words, immigrants who are willing to work hard, who have desirable skills, who actually admire Sweden and wish to assimilate and become Swedish. The whiners, malcontents, malingerers and professional welfare recipients are not needed nor wanted.

To make immigration work, the immigrants must add some form of value to their adopted land and become respected members of society.
+
Gjeebes
post 30.Jan.2019, 08:00 PM
Post #13

The best thing to make Sweden an actually attractive destination would be to get rid of "lagom" and Jante's law.

Maybe start to hold people responsible/accountable for their actions? Have government agencies conduct themselves in a professional manner, where employees actually know how to do their jobs as they are being paid to do, rather than fuck-up endlessly as if they were volunteers.

Perhaps the Swedes could start counting "merit" and "achievement" as important values, and work those into the social mores, rather than being completely obsessed by equality of outcome (which in fact just serves to create more inequality).

Affirmative action didn't work in the USA, right?

Maybe instead of just talk talking about something, actually doing something (re: equality, fairness etc).

Get rid of the Fembots also, that would be a good start.
+
Bsmith
post 30.Jan.2019, 08:18 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (Gjeebes @ 30.Jan.2019, 08:00 PM) *
.. Affirmative action didn't work in the USA, right?

I guess it depends upon whom you are asking. If you are the beneficiary of said program, i.e. you were able to land a job based upon a quota system that identifies certain races that are "under represented" or you received college tuition based upon the same, then you probably think it is just great. On the other hand, if you are the victim of said policy i.e. you were passed over for the job or college tuition even though you are more qualified...then you probably think the program is not working. Or if you work at a place of business where affirmative action employees were hired and are not doing a sufficient job but cannot be fired or the race card will be played, causing you to do your work and their's as well...you, again, are most likely to view the program as flawed.

In any case, the whole thing reeks of racism or reverse racism. Also, it is inherently insulting as it implies that certain races are inferior and need special help to succeed.
+
Saywhatwhat
post 30.Jan.2019, 08:39 PM
Post #15

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 30.Jan.2019, 08:18 PM) *
I guess it depends upon whom you are asking. If you are the beneficiary of said program, i.e. you were able to land a job based upon a quota system that identifies certain ra ... (show full quote)

It came about in a different time but has been revised since.

I like what Texas replaces their affirmative action plan with which is that the top 10% of graduating class of high schools is guaranteed a spot at a state university. I think that is a great system. I don’t know if tuition is covered as well, in full or part, but a percentage of that percentage should get tuition paid in full. It probably is like that.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: