The Local is not responsible for content posted by users.
  Reply to this topic

How to cook gently-steamed vegetables

Preserving vitamins, where to buy such a cooker?

sapiens
post 25.Aug.2009, 06:23 PM
Post #1

I am looking for a tool to cook vegetables with mild vapor to keep vitamins of vegetables as much as possible.
I would like to avoid a pressure cooker with a sealed top, the vapor is too hot. I am more looking for a cooker where vegetables can be put in a sort of basket well above water and close to the lid equipped with a temperature sensor, or maybe a cooker with different stairs such that vegetables which need less cooking can be put on the higher stage.
I went to shops like On/Off or Clas Olsson but they don't have anything looking like that.
Would some of you know where to find such cooker, either shop in Stockholm or online?
Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
BillyB
post 25.Aug.2009, 06:32 PM
Post #2

Sounds like you need some kind of steam cooker...

how about this chap...

http://www.elgiganten.se/product/hem-husha...tachi-angkokare
+
Britannia
post 25.Aug.2009, 09:00 PM
Post #3

Yep.

A three-teir steamer where you fill the bottom part with water, place the veggies (longest to cook first) in the 3 compartments, set the timer and leave em to steam.

I think most electrical goods sellers have them - various brands and different price-ranges.

Failing that, use the micro - put veggies in a bowl, add a little water and cook. Leave the necessary minute or so after the micro bleeps at you to ensure the food is not still cooking and quickly cooked veggies with no loss of goodness.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: